Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My first impressions.  (Read 6966 times)

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
My first impressions.
« on: October 14, 2011, 08:08:21 AM »

First off this is my very first Android devise , my cell phone does voice and text and that is all..

I placed my order by phone on Aug.28 and received it on Sept.22 so like many I had to wait a while, in fact an additional week past when I was told it would ship.

Mine has been on for 12 to 18 hours a day for three weeks now. I have installled about a dozen Apps. from the Market and have experienced no major problems  as yet.

Weak points :

Battery consumption. Six hours of Video claimed but my testing shows 2-1/2 to be a lot closer to reality.

Micro SD card slot is just that just a slot with no guides or platform and I have read several post of users having their fall all the way inside of the case. There are many post of the cards not being recognized by the AirPad also. I have not had these problems but agree SD insertion is tricky.

Owner's Manual (should one even call it that?)

I guess if one is very use to a Smart Phone and Droid Apps. they should have no real problems but I am having a difficult time wading / sorting through thousands of App to find ones that really work as described and are fairly well supported.

OS / Apps confusion.

Is there a Backup Apps for a non rooted (no SU powers) ? Where does such a program put the Backups. I know on the SD but which one the Ghost / Phantom one  or the External (?) one?

Are Viruses and such a real issue  and if so  what Apps are worth installing for protection?

Mobile Entertainment:

With  my AP streaming movies from my home media server and SD card  I am enjoying it  and my wife is doing some games play on it . My external portable battery / power supply means we get to use it for more than 2 hrs. without being tethered to 120VAC.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.