🎭Entertainment > Problems and Troubleshooting

Video Sender Pro Interference

<< < (2/3) > >>

dave w:

--- Quote from: Noam on October 18, 2011, 12:52:16 PM ---Interference from these is less likely with the Video Sender PRO, which is supposed to be 900 MHz.
They did that on purpose, to move away from the more crowded 2.4 GHz frequencies.

The suggestion to change the channel on the sender and receiver is probably the best place to start.
that, and adjusting / re-orienting the antennas so they are as lined up as possible.

Look for other sources of 900 MHz interference:
older cordless phones
wireless intercoms
baby monitors

Try to track when the problem happens, and see if it is a specific time of day. It could be interference coming from something in a neighbor's house, too.

--- End quote ---

Noam, you are absolutely right and I am at bozo level one or two.  I did not pick up on the "Pro" version in the OP.
Thanks for the correction!
Appologies to billhur.

billhur:
my network operates on a 2.4 range and microwave shouldnt matter. I think it must be a neighbor using a cordless phone from ancient rome or a baby monitor. it only does it a couple nights a week and it always seems to be at night, Is there a way i can jam their signal or do something offensive to end the frequency clash? perhaps put a signal booster on my cable system or something?

Brian H:
There are lots of devices sharing the 900MHz band.
The Pro uses 921MHz {from the FCC Database}.
You may get some clues. If you can temporarily turn Off the sender, when the interference is happening and see what you can hear or see with the receiver.

Not much you can do to eliminate it. Other then carefully aiming the transmitter and receivers antennas.
Raising the transmitters power would make it an illegal device in the FCC's eyes.

billhur:

--- Quote from: Brian H on October 20, 2011, 06:36:23 AM ---There are lots of devices sharing the 900MHz band.
The Pro uses 921MHz {from the FCC Database}.
You may get some clues. If you can temporarily turn Off the sender, when the interference is happening and see what you can hear or see with the receiver.

Not much you can do to eliminate it. Other then carefully aiming the transmitter and receivers antennas.
Raising the transmitters power would make it an illegal device in the FCC's eyes.

--- End quote ---
ok i tried turning off the sender i get a white band across the TV no sound. I even broke out the baby monitor i have in storage in attempt to hear if there is one in range, no dice. I dont care about the FCC can you raise the transmitter power and if so how?

Brian H:
Is the 50 feet open range or is there anything in between the transmitter and receiver? Like a wall or two.

I don't know of any easy way to increase the transmitters output. It uses a single IC that does everything from frequency generation, video and audio modulation and transmitter stage all in one. I also can't find any data on the RTC6703 IC. Even in Chinese.   ???
Though the schematics of the VT50A and VR50A are in the FCC Database.

50 feet is not that far. It must be quite a strong interference signal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version