Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lack of Android market support  (Read 6265 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Lack of Android market support
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 09:30:29 AM »

A lot of people are scared off by simple warnings.

I had to laugh watching TV the other day. I pulled up a program with "ON Demand"
Before the program started ther was the standard warning stating "this program may contain violence or nudity."
The program never has had either but I know someone that would have turned it off right there. ::) :'

You can almost always revert should the install fail.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

LazerFlash

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 02:00:27 PM »

A lot of people are scared off by simple warnings.

I had to laugh watching TV the other day. I pulled up a program with "ON Demand"
Before the program started ther was the standard warning stating "this program may contain violence or nudity."
The program never has had either but I know someone that would have turned it off right there. ::) :'

You're a funny guy.  rofl

You can almost always revert should the install fail.

It's the "almost always" part that bothers me. While I have a lot of IT experience, (my first serious paying non-retail gig was programming an IBM 360 with punched paper cards), I have no Android experience. For instance, when you say "flash" to me, my mind instantly visualizes changing the chipset's firmware... something my former experience has taught me can be deadly. After reading a bit more, I understand that in the Android world, it's not quite the same thing. I guess that if I want this thing to do exactly what I want, I'm going to have to be a bit more adventuresome.

Oh, and I'm going to go turn the TV back on.  ;D

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 03:49:08 PM »

LazerFlash,

Flashing will involve changing the system's firmware, and unlike firmware updates in older items, there is little risk in killing the tablet if you use some proper procedures:
1) Make sure the battery is fully charged before starting
2) Keep the AC adapter plugged into the unit during the procedure
3) Don't unplug the USB cord until it is done.
4) Use the software for the proper model

I have updated at least 1000 of these units. I have had some not turn on after I updated them, but in 100% of the time I recovered the unit by simply reflashing it again.  In 1000+, updates that I have done, I have not lost 1 unit.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.