Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How does one print with Airpad  (Read 4524 times)

olereo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
How does one print with Airpad
« on: October 20, 2011, 01:20:52 PM »

Using wireless printer, how can one set up airpad to utilise printer via Home Netwok? Right now sending emails to iMac via google mail... but would like to know how to send items directly to printer... Airpad connects to WiFi via home network.
olereo

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: How does one print with Airpad
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 03:02:06 PM »

I am not using the airpad but I use the HTC EVO View and The HTC EVO 4G and I installed google cloud that allows me to print to my wireless network.  It works flawlessly and the best part is it is free on the android market

>!Kenrad

blumony

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 07:48:39 PM »

I read you can print over your home group but how do you set it up and then print some thing.

LazerFlash

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 06:10:55 PM »

Using wireless printer, how can one set up airpad to utilise printer via Home Netwok?

I would also be interested in figuring this out.  :'( It seems a shame to have to use something like Google Cloud when I have a WiFi-enabled printer right here in the house. (It's also hung off the network the AirPad is connecting to.)

gjf

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 06:31:06 PM »

There is an app called "Printershare Mobile Print" sells for $12.95 at Amazon that will let you print to a variety of networks and printers
It auto finds many printers, even my old hp2100 on my home network.
There is a free version at Androidmarket but it will only let you see how it works,  you can print a test page.
I would assume the pay version is also on Androidmarket

GJF

deholla

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 08:42:59 PM »

Printershare Premium app works easy.  FYI - got the premium version free at Amazon with their free paid app of the day (no cost) .  Every once in a while they offer something real good.  There is another app that uses one of your network computers as a "slave " print server but it needs to be turned on, within the network, and the program booted.  I did not like it, as it was much easier to email to the desktop then print.  If you are using an offline local area network, try the WiFi explorer to click and drag the file over then print.  Want t print a web page?   Use the Dolphin browser plug -in to save the entire page as a pdf, then transfer to print.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.