Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Worst support ever, stay away!!  (Read 10726 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Worst support ever, stay away!!
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 04:36:58 PM »

I just got a 2nd email from the BLOG that I thought had started this. If the other link from dave w (http://www.cepro.com/article/the_end_of_x10/) is older... I may have to track that down as well. However... that piece also reeks of hoax as well. Another undocumented BLOG doesn't that is also written like a hoax.... doesn't make me a believer ether.

Here is portion of the reply I just received after I wrote a 2nd email to the BLOG'er DJ Sound City. In my 2nd email request I directly asked if the piece was a hoax.

Dave if you wish to believe my blog is a Hoax that's fine,............  if you can't find similar information to what I have written posted elsewhere on the net and elsewhere then your just not looking. I should say also that there are other articles and opinions out there that refute these claims also - as the proverbial "Two Sides to Every Story" suggest, you as a reader should do your own due diligence and formulate your own opinions.
Have a great week!
Doyle Serink

I really got the impression he was writting: Screw you, international lawyers cost a fortune.... nobody is going to do anything about my BLOG. I am just trying to build readership and drum up customers for my ION Security biz

I don't understand the "Two Sides to Every Story" reference.... isn't things like receivership a matter of public record? However I must agree with Mr Serink that "you as a reader should do your own due diligence and formulate your own opinions".

Of course I can't PROVE any of these people are telling lies. Nor does what they wrote have any documentation with it. I am sure the X10 factories in China likely have closed. Most every factory in China is now co-ops.... that's how those former communists operate nowadays. I am SURE all electronic importers are having trouble. Think about it... if you were part of a Chinese electronic assembly Co-op and you could assemble iphones, or droid stuff...... or nickle and dime X10 modules what would you do? I am 100% sure global supply lines for things like X10 stuff..... may be problematic for some time.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 04:51:24 PM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 06:00:33 PM »

A quote from that August 11 article:

"Being the low-cost provider, X10 undoubtedly suffered from higher wages in China, where its products are manufactured."

It is interesting to note that the Maxi Controller is available on eBay again, but at double the previous price.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

HA Dave

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 09:38:23 PM »

It is interesting to note that the Maxi Controller is available on eBay again, but at double the previous price.

Supply and demand. Supply might be limited to what is in warehouses.... for now. Until the State Department removes tariffs on a new... willing and able... electronic producing nation [whoever that may be] it might be hard to find any number of cheap electronic devices we've become used to. But cheap consumer goods... are just plain BAD for planet Earth. And we know lots of people love the Earth. So I wouldn't expect great improvements soon.

HA Dave

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 06:38:05 PM »

I finally got a reply from the original person [Julie Jacobson] to post: X10 announced on August 11, 2011 that it is going into receivership and will be shutting down it’s factories. (http://www.cepro.com/article/the_end_of_x10/) She now says:  

X10 currently (as you probably know as an X10 guy) are trying to keep X10.com alive as an online retailer, though. I have heard nothing official from X10, but I’m still hearing from sources that the earlier statement is accurate.

Or... in other words (mine) although she made up the original story.... she has heard or read the story repeated as rumor. X10 was one of the earliest "on line" retailers.... but now after 15 years or so... she thinks being an on line retailer is "trying to keep X10.com alive". What the heck does she expect X10 to do... open its 1st brick and mortor store?

Apparently.... we should all be shocked! Who would have guessed that some of those BLOGs aren't completely truthful.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 06:56:42 PM by HA Dave »

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 01:32:24 PM »

Dave,

I also have sources that confirm that the JFK thing was a plot by our own government, that the monster in Loch Nes is alive and well, and that the Martians landed at Grover Mills in New Jersey on this very day about 80 years ago.  So far, I've reviewed a radio program by Orson Wells, and that source holds up.  I've also spoken to many locals about the JFK assassination, and they, too, confirm that story as accurate.  I don't know anyone from Loch Nes, but would guess that they also can confirm.

Guess you better check again on that story.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 02:13:09 PM by Knightrider »
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 03:13:41 PM »

I don't know anyone from Loch Nes, but would guess that they also can confirm.

I think I class as the regular forum member who hails from closest to Loch Ness - if indeed London can be classed as close to Loch Ness.

I personally have seen several newspaper articles (Daily Sport, National Inquirer, World Weekly News) that claim the Lock Ness monster is alive and well. Although that was several years ago, I would imagine that had someone found a dead Loch Ness Monster it would have been in all the major news channels.

Hopefully this clears everything up, including moon landing conspiracies.

And Elvis is alive and well, and living in a small village just outside West Bromwich.
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 03:21:45 PM »

I don't know anyone from Loch Nes, but would guess that they also can confirm.

I think I class as the regular forum member who hails from closest to Loch Ness - if indeed London can be classed as close to Loch Ness.

I personally have seen several newspaper articles (Daily Sport, National Inquirer, World Weekly News) that claim the Lock Ness monster is alive and well. Although that was several years ago, I would imagine that had someone found a dead Loch Ness Monster it would have been in all the major news channels.

Hopefully this clears everything up, including moon landing conspiracies.

And Elvis is alive and well, and living in a small village just outside West Bromwich.

Believe that and I have a bridge to sell you, it has a great view of Brooklyn and it ain't in New York.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

HA Dave

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2011, 03:28:46 PM »

I have no doubt that times are tough for electronics importers [like X10]. I am sure there is much added pressure around the X10 offices... as many offices around America. Times have changed. X10 USA is doing the best they can. And, since we are nearly three months down the road since the first rumors I'd say they're holding their own. At least for now.

There isn't any HA brand that would deny the influence of X10 on Home Automation. X10 devices, or compatible devices, will be around for years to come... no matter what.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:41:56 PM by HA Dave »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2011, 04:28:28 PM »

Dave,

I also have sources that confirm that the JFK thing was a plot by our own government, that the monster in Loch Nes is alive and well, and that the Martians landed at Grover Mills in New Jersey on this very day about 80 years ago.  So far, I've reviewed a radio program by Orson Wells, and that source holds up.  I've also spoken to many locals about the JFK assassination, and they, too, confirm that story as accurate.  I don't know anyone from Loch Nes, but would guess that they also can confirm.

Knight, if any help, I can verify "Nessie" for you. I was there in 1968 and fed
her some left over brownies.   ::)

So you can mark that as confirmed also.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

terryking

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2011, 05:07:26 PM »

Sorry, My mistake for not checking dates...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 06:34:05 PM by terryking »

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 05:13:54 PM »

Those reports are very old news.  Check the date - 2003.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.