Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: replacement charger  (Read 8104 times)

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: replacement charger
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 05:44:12 AM »

The airpad power source is 5V.  If I use 6.7volt, will it be problem?
Thanks!

Guess you overlooked it but I answered that in my response above  in the first sentence.

A Snip from the referenced post

Not knowing how robust the charging system in the AP is and if it can handle over-voltage I would not exceed 5V

To add a bit more possible helpful data.

LiPoly batteries can be extremely dangerious. It is extremly unwise to use aftermarket low quality  chargers with devices which have LiPoly batteries in them. Many of the laptop ,cell phone and other LiPoly powered device which have caught on fire were being charged with an after-market charger or using an aftermarket (non.OEM) LiPoly battery in them.   Some LiPoly batteries have  battery management / safety  circuite / devices attached tio them , som devices have such circuits built in to them .  Many aftetr-market batteries and chargers have little to not testing or safety checks at all.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 05:51:34 AM by everydayflyer »

deholla

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 01:19:05 PM »

My charging has been quite challenging lately.  The unit goes from 100% down to 9% (nine percent)  in 7 (seven)  minutes.  I installed a battery widget to check voltage where 3796 mV is shown. Briefly,  my AP can't be used as a mobile device unless something gets changed.  Any help?

I am modifying the original post.  After a couple days of very poor battery performance, it seems to have stabilized.  Maybe it got recalibrated with all the ups and downs.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:43:23 AM by deholla »

frantic1049

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2011, 10:39:40 AM »

My power supply is quite done for. Unfortunately aftermarket is the only way to go now since X-10 won't make replacement chargers available for us to purchase. I'd think they could make more than a few bucks on them since they can't cost them much and I would order 2 or 3. I tried Best Buy & was told by the associate "they are all proprietary, you have to get it from the manufacturer, you can't use a universal one." Radio Shack was $40!!!  Anyway I ordered some from China & have been waiting weeks for them, not even knowingfor sure if they will fit.  :-\

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2011, 08:02:46 PM »

I tried Best Buy & was told by the associate "they are all proprietary, you have to get it from the manufacturer, you can't use a universal one."
So far, my experience has been that all products using USB style ports for charging have the charging regulation and control in the device itself and not in the charger. Which means you really should be able to use a universal one as long the universal charger can deliver the required current. i.e. A dead tablet will demand considerably more current to charge than a cell phone. So a USB cell phone charger won't be able to charge a dead tablet, unless left connected for days with tablet turned off. A tablet USB charger will be able to charge a cell phone in about the same time frame as the cell phone charger would take.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.