Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CM15A  (Read 7792 times)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: CM15A
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 05:43:09 PM »

We shall wait and see.  I suspect the Chinese Factories will come alive again.

Perhaps, but will they be manufacturing X10 modules?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 07:55:18 PM »

Most probably. Maybe this time X10 will have different part numbers for Soft-Start modules so the poor saps who buy them will know and not have to guess.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 08:17:23 PM »

I think people in China are much more interested in manufacturing ipads, smartphones, weapon parts, and our next generation of foreign made automobiles. The people of China have decided they want cars and bathrooms.... instead of bicycles and community running water areas. Not a lot of money to be made in cheap limited run gadgets.

Until the State Department awards "most favored nation" or some other tariff exempt status for cheap electronic products to some other back water nation (yet... with a educated work force). We might have a shortage of cheap gadgets.

But if you haven't noticed.... the State Department (the current administration) isn't real interested in trade. 15 trade bills passed the house and laid on the Presidents desk for a year and a half (until just recently). I don't expect to see any changes for several months yet. In the new era of enviromentalism... consumer goods are just like scars on the surface of our beloved planet.  
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 08:34:51 PM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.