Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ghost Light  (Read 2538 times)

Squirrel1162

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Ghost Light
« on: November 05, 2011, 10:47:31 AM »

I have 3 Socket Rockets installed in a track light in my living room.  They have been working just the way I want them to.  However, just recently I have noticed that one of them turns on spontaneously outside the time I have it programmed for.  Is this unusual, or is my system haunted?  LOL  Thanks for any input.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: Ghost Light
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 11:17:59 AM »

Gremlins
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 12:55:13 PM »

I'm getting the feeling that Squirrel1162 is pulling our collective legs here.  Socket Rockets  get their X10 address when you set them up the first time.  I have several Socket Rockets and NONE have ever turned by themselves.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 05:08:42 PM »

I have 3 Socket Rockets installed in a track light in my living room.  They have been working just the way I want them to.  However, just recently I have noticed that one of them turns on spontaneously outside the time I have it programmed for.  Is this unusual, or is my system haunted?  LOL  Thanks for any input.
Well your system isn't haunted. Yes Socket Rockets coming on "spontaneously" is unusual since they do not have the "Local Control" feature.

What have you done to investigate? Socket Rockets can accidentally be reprogrammed if they lose power. Did you try reprogramming the SR? Is it coming on at the same time everyday? When it comes on, is anything else sending X10 commands? Do you have AHP with an Activity Monitor that you can check to see if the socket rocket is being told to turn on? Do you have a spare SR you can substitute to see if the new one acts the same? Did you take the Palm Pad away from the kid?

This is a little like saying "my car won't start, whats wrong?". Try and give us a little more information than "my light comes on, how come?"
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.