Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Green LED by switch in AHP  (Read 12862 times)

uh60james

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Green LED by switch in AHP
« on: November 08, 2011, 11:46:56 AM »

This may be a dumb question but what does the green LED signify by module switches in AHP?  I did a search and found nothing for green LED and green light brought up a ton of posts with just light.  Trying to get a system set up and just wondering what it is.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:44:16 PM by uh60james »

B.A.

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Green LED by swith in AHP
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 12:10:27 PM »

ON

uh60james

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 12:15:29 PM »

So in addition to the switch saying on we get a green LED.  Is this a dumb indicator?  By that I mean does it just light up green when you "flip" the switch or does it light up green based on a signal sent back by the module?

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 12:40:14 PM »

Green light is on by the flip of the switch.  Most x10 modules are not two-way, hence not reporting their status back to AHP.

hope this helps.

Cheers,
Nate

uh60james

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 12:45:05 PM »

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 01:00:00 PM »

Actually that "green light" on a module means there are timers attached to it.  If no timers are attached, it's white.  AHP has always done that.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 01:44:14 PM »

Actually that "green light" on a module means there are timers attached to it.  If no timers are attached, it's white.  AHP has always done that.
Huh?
Are you talking about the "find other computers" screen, or the "room view" in AHP?

B.A.

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 02:32:56 PM »

That's on the bottom right of the module.
I believe the OP is talking about the green light to the left of the switch.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 02:36:29 PM »

That's on the bottom right of the module.
I believe the OP is talking about the green light to the left of the switch.

The one on the bottom right corner of the box is not a "green LED." It is the timer indicator (it looks like a little clock, even). It is green if there are timers associated with the module, or white if there are not.

uh60james

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 02:40:18 PM »

I was talking about the one directly to the left of the switch.  I see the timer icon in the lower right.   ;)

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 02:44:38 PM »

I was talking about the one directly to the left of the switch.  I see the timer icon in the lower right.   ;)

Yes, that is a separate indicator in addition to the position of the switch (and the light in the switch itself for appliance modules) of the module status.

Interestingly enough, I just did a test on my laptop (which has AHP, but is not connected to a controller right now).
I can click on the switches to turn them on and off in AHP, but the indicator light in AHP does not turn on.
Perhaps one is an indicator of what you WANT it to do, and the other is an indicator of what's really going on?

uh60james

Re: Green LED by switch in AHP
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 03:44:52 PM »

That's what I was kind of thinking Noam.  I got an IBM Home Director Starter Kit with a cm11a, lamp module, and appliance module yesterday.  I was getting the green light with the lamp module which was on and would not respond to any commands.  I had no green light from the appliance module which was hooked up to a power strip, regardless of the switch position on/off.  I also could not get the appliance module to respond to commands.  Hopefully I will be getting my shipment from x10 soon and can figure all that mess out.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 04:00:01 PM »

That's what I was kind of thinking Noam.  I got an IBM Home Director Starter Kit with a cm11a, lamp module, and appliance module yesterday.  I was getting the green light with the lamp module which was on and would not respond to any commands.  I had no green light from the appliance module which was hooked up to a power strip, regardless of the switch position on/off.  I also could not get the appliance module to respond to commands.  Hopefully I will be getting my shipment from x10 soon and can figure all that mess out.

AHP does not get feedback from the modules, so the indicators in the software won't tell you the ACTUAL state of the module.

If you can't control the modules at all (on or off), then your software or hardware isn't set up correctly.
Are you using ActiveHome (the older one) or ActiveHomePro (AHP) with your CM11A? What version of the software are you using?
Is it able to communicate with the interface properly?

uh60james

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 04:14:53 PM »

ActiveHome Pro, it was part of what I thought was a CM15A bundle.  It is communicating, to make sure I sent a timer to it and the available memory reflects a timer being dowloaded.  It is hooked up with a USB to Serial adapter cable but I have the COM port set correctly so that shouldn't be an issue.

I didn't have time last night to try different outlets but I doubt the outlets are on a different phase as they are all in one room that was added to the house some time after it was built.

uh60james

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 06:51:43 PM »

I get home and find my x10 package waiting for me.  Of course no CM15a like I ordered.  Leaving my setup the same I plug my new mini controller in and it controls my modules that the AHP/CM11a is not.  Ideas?
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.