Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Green LED by switch in AHP  (Read 12792 times)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Green LED by switch in AHP
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 07:09:28 PM »

I get home and find my x10 package waiting for me.  Of course no CM15a like I ordered.  Leaving my setup the same I plug my new mini controller in and it controls my modules that the AHP/CM11a is not.  Ideas?
You are plugging the Mini controller into the same outlet as the CM11A, right?
If they can both be plugged into adjacent outlets on the same circuit (or two halves of a Duplex outlet - you might even be able to plug the Mini controller into the outlet on the front of the CM11A), you can test to see if AHP is seeing those commands sent from the Mini Timer, via the CM11A.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 07:14:28 PM »

CM11A has a passthrough AC Outlet on its front cover.
You should be able to plug the mini controller into it and test.

uh60james

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 07:16:46 PM »

Yes, I had originally pulled it out and replaced it with the controller.  I replaced the CM11A and plugged the Mini controller directly into it and it (controller) still works.  If the CM11A is working properly should I be able to see the commands being sent from the Mini controller in the activity monitor?  If so, I am not.  Although it was NIB I suppose it could be a bad CM11A.

uh60james

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 07:36:28 PM »

Switched to another outlet and it acted like it would work.  Light turned on and off a few times on its own then remained off.  Turned it on, set brightness to 80, set brightness to 40 and nothing.  Just kept sending the command over and over.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 07:52:18 PM »

I get home and find my x10 package waiting for me.  Of course no CM15a like I ordered.  Leaving my setup the same I plug my new mini controller in and it controls my modules that the AHP/CM11a is not.  Ideas?

It's not the CM11a in the package, it's the CM19A , which comes with the TM751 as it does work like the CM15A.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

uh60james

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 07:57:30 PM »

I ordered a CM11A off of ebay when I found out x10 was not shipping me a cm15a like I ordered.  I have a CM11A, CM19A and TM751 now.  I am trying to get the CM11A to work so I can have timers.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 08:38:52 PM »

The CM11A was for Active Home, the precursor to Active Home Professional (AHP) and the CM11A was a serial device while AHP was built for the USB CM15A.   My guess is AHP won't even recognize the CM11A.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

uh60james

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 08:43:18 PM »

Support was added in version 3.314 for the CM11A.  Under the Tools tab there is an option for CM11A configuration.  It's supported, I just can't get it to work.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 06:14:54 AM »

Do you get any error messages from AHP when configured for the CM11A?
Where you able to see some incoming messages in the activity monitor, when you send commands from the Mini Controller?
Are you are using a USB to Serial adapter? Some may not support the needed RI {Ring Indicate} RS232 signal used by the CM11A or don't provide enough RS232 Voltage Swing - + on their signal lines.

AHP doesn't have a communications test {as far as I could tell} so I guess that is out. AH did have a communications test.

uh60james

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 10:53:37 AM »

-No error messages.

-I did not see any incoming messages in the activity monitor.  All modules work with the Mini Controller in multiple outlets.  I tried the CM11A in the same outlets and the activity monitor just shows it sending a signal over and over.  One thing I did notice is that the activity monitor does show the wrong address some of the time but not all of the time.  I have all the modules set to house code D.  Sometimes when trying to turn on D1 I notice the activity monitor showing A1 instead of D1.  A computer restart seems to fix that at least temporarily.  I would try to uninstall and reinstall but I'm not seeing an uninstaller and just deleting the AHP folder seems to leave a lot of info behind on the computer that is still in AHP when I install it again.

-I am using an adapter.  It's this one http://www.byterunner.com/byterunner/product_name=Y-105/user-id=/password=/exchange=/exact_match=exact which was reccomended by dhouston.  I did however install the driver from a website not the included miniCD since I have a slot load drive.  I suppose I could have the wrong driver, I will have to investigate that when I get home.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 11:24:57 AM »

Thanks for the information.
If dhouston has tried that interface, then it is probably fine.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 11:47:22 AM »

-No error messages.

-I did not see any incoming messages in the activity monitor.  All modules work with the Mini Controller in multiple outlets.  I tried the CM11A in the same outlets and the activity monitor just shows it sending a signal over and over.  One thing I did notice is that the activity monitor does show the wrong address some of the time but not all of the time.  I have all the modules set to house code D.  Sometimes when trying to turn on D1 I notice the activity monitor showing A1 instead of D1.  A computer restart seems to fix that at least temporarily.  I would try to uninstall and reinstall but I'm not seeing an uninstaller and just deleting the AHP folder seems to leave a lot of info behind on the computer that is still in AHP when I install it again.

-I am using an adapter.  It's this one http://www.byterunner.com/byterunner/product_name=Y-105/user-id=/password=/exchange=/exact_match=exact which was reccomended by dhouston.  I did however install the driver from a website not the included miniCD since I have a slot load drive.  I suppose I could have the wrong driver, I will have to investigate that when I get home.

I know this is a dumb question, but are you sure you set AHP to use the same COM port that the USB-to-Serial adapter is providing?
Are the com port settings correct in Windows (Baud Rate: 4,800bps; Parity: None; Data Bits: 8; Stop Bits: 1)?

Does AHP give you a warning at startup that it can't find an interface plugged in?
Have you already tried unplugging the CM11A, removing the batteries, waiting a minute, putting the batteries back in, and plugging it back in?

Does the Windows Device Manager see the CM11A at all? (I don't know if it is supposed to or not - I haven't played with a CM11A with AHP yet)

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 11:52:03 AM »

I just thought of another thing:
Can the CM11A send Extended Codes? Has anyone tried that before?

uh60james

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 12:06:49 PM »

The COM port is set correctly to COM6 which is what the adapter is set to, COM6 is the only COM port showing up in AHP.  I will have to check the COM port settings when I get home.

No warning given by AHP.

Based on further research I apparently have a CM10 not a CM11A.  This is the IBM version with no slot for batteries.  I don't if that is problematic or not.

If my memory serves me correctly the CM10 shows up as unknown device in Device Manager but there is no error associated with it.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 12:11:41 PM »

I just thought of another thing:
Can the CM11A send Extended Codes? Has anyone tried that before?

The CM11A Protocol defines extended codes.  Both the CM11A and XTB-232 support them.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.