Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A not turning lights on  (Read 3235 times)

rhall007

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A not turning lights on
« on: November 04, 2011, 06:16:25 PM »

Everything has been fine for a year. I downloaded and installed the latest version of AHP (3.315)and now the following happens:
The macros/timers downloaded to my CM15A do not run.
Trying to control the CM15A via USB with AHP does not work
Using my cell Phone to go thru the internet does work to manually turn on and off lights??

Strange. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 07:17:48 PM by rhall007 »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: CM15A not turning lights on
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 08:33:56 PM »

The latest version of AHP is 3.318.    Did everything work before 3.315?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

rhall007

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 09:10:52 PM »

Let me correct myself. I am using 3.318. Unfortunatly, I do not recall the version previously installed. I installed this new version as a last resort. I should mention, I have ActivePhone installed as well. I took the CM15A off the wall duplex, replaced the batteries, re-downloaded macros and timers.

I will say I have 10 year old x10 wall switches, but they worked fine up until a few days ago. As a matter of fact, I think they are still fine given the fact my cell phone can turn them on and off.

Again, ActivePhone will controll all my lights just fine. So I assume signals are getting thru my usb cable and my CM15A is sending signals,  but trying to control the lights from my AHP GUI and from the CM15A local stored timers/macros does nothing. Is there some protocal between the GUI and USB that might need a driver that is different from TCIP to usb? S T R A N G E... I'll keep fooling around and see if I find something. I hate these unexpected issues. I will waste a weekend trying to fix this type of stuff. Oh well, maybe something will pop up.

rhall007

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 09:26:19 PM »

Well, I guess I was the latest to be bit by the Older Lamps (no SoftStart) module declaration. I just noticed the sticky and went back into my module setups, changed the type of module to Older Lamps (no SoftStart) and now the AHP GUI can control the lights. I will update the timer/macros in my CM15A and see if the unit can now run stand alone again. I'm glad this did not turn into a wasted weekend project!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 09:53:53 AM »

X10 should have been beaten with sticks for not giving the Soft-Start modules different part numbers.  If they had, it would have been easier to use them.   Having the  old and new modules with the same numbers has vexed users since 2007.   I got 3 Soft-Start modules, 2 are LM465's and one is a WS467 which is in a attic room with no timers on it. The 2 LM465's are in my spare parts box with SS in indelible ink on them.

wc4r

• Williamsburg Weather
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 09:07:48 AM »

I am finding v3.318 has a bug showing in certain conditions.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 09:33:31 AM »

You might want to get AHP 3.310 at http://www.x10.com/support/rev_ahp.htm  you will not have to rebuild your .ahx files. 

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 12:45:23 PM »

It seems that AHP is "pretending" to download to the CM19A, even though it has no internal memory (that option should not be available when using the CM19A).
Are any of your timers marked as "Store in Interface"?
My thinking is that if the timer or macro is marked as "Store in Interface," AHP won't run it (thinking the interface is doing it). However, with a CM19A, the interface CAN'T run anything by itself, so those timers or macros don't run.

I suggest checking your timers and macros. If you find any that are set to "Store in Interface," uncheck that option (for timers), or change to "Run from PC" (for macros), then save, and see what happens.

The more testing we can do to identify the specifics of the bug, the more information we (and by that I mean "I") can pass along to the developers.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.