🎭Entertainment > Problems and Troubleshooting

VT30A substituted for a VT50A Grr

<< < (2/3) > >>

myc6toy:
They sent me a VT30a and a VR46A, so new receiver and old transmitter.
 Is this older transmitter the same as the newer space ship looking one ?

Brian H:
The VT46A part of the VK82 kit is not the same as the VT30A.
The VT46A uses a LSI IC to do allmost all the frequency determination and video processing. Also has the PowerMid IR Extender feature.
The VT30A part of the VK30A Kit, has a LC frequency determination and video processing. Also No PowerMid IR Extender circuitry.
So no they are not equivalent in my mind.
The VK82A kits photos in the FCC Database show a "Radio Shack" Label on them.  ;D

Depending on which people you believe. X10 has been reported to be in financial troubles and is substituting stuff as the original devices went out of stock.

I think in your case the problem is more that channel A from the camera to its receiver and the channel D for resending the video to the computer maybe interfering with each other or you have some Hum on the cable between the first receiver and the second transmitter.

myc6toy:
Thanks Brian

I just got off the phone with X10, and they are going to do an exchange.
Apparently they had problems with the VK82 system and its no longer available, but a "new" Wireless video system is coming out next week.
I see on the web site that there is no VK82A, but a VK83A Video Sender PRO, supposedly using a different freq. better range etc.

I will keep everyone updated.

Thanks for all the help and info

from Web site :
Advanced Signal Protection (ASP) - Say Goodbye to Interference

ASP (Advanced Signal Protection) means that your Video Sender PRO is compatible with your home wireless network. If you've had problems with a Video Sender interfering with your Wi-Fi network in the past, have no worries! ASP means no interference!

Brian H:
Yes the Sender Pro Kit was being sold for a few months now, but had gone out of stock.
If the VK83A is the one I am thinking of. It uses 921MHz for its frequency and definitely should not interfeere with your camera to first receivers signals.

myc6toy:
The lady at X10 said a  "new system being released on the 28th" so maybe like some of the other equipment they are selling, it will be made by Westinghouse  -:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version