📸Cameras & Camera Software > AirSight Cameras

Question about IP cameras - does this exist? New here.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Dr.Fiero:
As said above, plus....

I got an e-flyer from ...  X10 this morning!  (OMG!  that just never happens!  <-- intense sarcasm BTW).

Seem that THEY now have an IP camera, that has integrated tilt & pan (my D-link is a fixed base) as well, for only $99.
So, that made a quick liar out of me on THAT aspect. ;)

Anyhow, that aside, hopefully you can borrow someone close by's wireless.
And you WILL probably need physical access to it, since it'll probably be WEP (MAC, etc) locked down, so you'd need to enter the MAC address of the device, or at a minimum get the WEP (etc) key from the owner.

With luck, this new IP camera X10 has will be decent ( ::) sigh...).  I've only got one D-link device right now, so I'm not really married to the system.  I'm going to take a stab at one of these new X10 just for the heck of it.  They better not jack the price up more than 10-20% after this 'introductory price' though I tell ya!!!!  You listening x10?!?!  I'll be way pissed if I jump on board then they go up 50% or something!!!

Brian H:
http://www.x10.com/promotions/airsight_wireless_ip_camera.html?SN

JMac:
This appears to be the same camera that is available from several suppliers on the internet for $55 to $70.  The software seems the same, and I'm not sure that it will function with any X10 commands at all.  (Just my opinion.)

dave w:

{unrelated musing}
It appears X10 is slowly switching the web store from X10 manufactured products to, similar in function, 3rd party manufactured products. I guess once they liquidate all the wall switches, Lamp Modules, and Appliance Modules, they will essentially be just another web based reseller.  :'(

mike:
Ya, but, I bet they don't become just another reseller of other's stuff;  they will be a reseller of other's stuff BUT WILL LIMIT ITS PERFORMANCE AND especially RANGE TOO!  And offer tech support by folks who don't..... STOP ME!... sorry... fade.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version