Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flicker on display  (Read 3967 times)

wapelhj

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Flicker on display
« on: November 21, 2011, 11:51:07 PM »

Hi GUYS,

After years of using wired cameras I've moved to Oregon and bought the wireless camera package.

I have rolling flicker when connected direct to a tv and through the pc usb interface- what gives?

Second - what's with no omni-directional receiver?  My four cameras (of 6)  all surround the receiver.   Can you connect more than one receiver?  How?

So far I'm depressed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Flicker on display
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 05:59:36 AM »

Do you have a wireless network?

Only one camera can be on at a time or they interferer with each other.

X10 wireless cameras use an addressable power supply that is turned On and Off with power line commands.
They are used in groups of four. Same House Code and Unit Code Groups of 1-4,5-8,9-12 and 13-16.
Turn one On in the group. The other three go Off with no added Off commands being needed.

What computer program or remote are you using to switch the cameras?
Do you have a transceiver like the TM751 or RR501 to take the remotes RF signal and place it on the power lines?

Wireless cameras are On by default. So until you turn one On and the others go Off.  All of them will step on each other.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 06:25:54 AM by Brian H »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 06:38:17 AM »

I see you mentioned six cameras.
Are all of them presently being used?
If you have six cameras. You have to ensure that the cameras in different groups go Off before the selected one is turned On.
Do you have the CR13A remote that can do all sixteen camera Unit Code Addresses?

wapelhj

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 01:44:42 PM »

Hi Brian,
Thanks for the info.  That problem solved.

I started with four cameras spread around the outside.  How can the receiver be oriented to all of them?

Can you use more than one? Can you use an extension cable from the receiver to the VA12?

Thanks again!

Jim

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 06:36:33 PM »

As you have probably noticed. The patch antenna on the cameras and receiver are directional.
There have been a few users here that modified the receiver with a omnidirectional antenna. To receive from all 360 degrees around the receiver.

I don't have any data on adding an extension video cable between the receiver and the VA12A. I believe others may have done it and will post their findings.

Two receivers may have been tried. With some on Channel "A" and the other on "D". They maybe far enough away in frequency not to step on each other. Mixing the two video feeds could be a problem. Though again someone may have done it already.

wapelhj

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 01:10:37 PM »

Thanks again for your help.

Pointing the receiver antenna towered the ceiling helped a lot.

Jim

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.