Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: LED Blinking on Consol  (Read 5481 times)

rlcohen7

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
LED Blinking on Consol
« on: November 25, 2011, 09:16:04 PM »

The LED on the consol associated with a Door Sensor is blinking slowly and the consol chimes 5 times. I changed the batteries in the sensor but the problem persists. What must I do to fix this?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: LED Blinking on Consol
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 06:30:46 AM »

This is a DS7000 Security Console Kit?

A slow blinking LED could mean the sensor did not check in within four hours or the batteries are almost dead.

If you set the console to RUN2 and open and close the problem sensor. Does the console chime?

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 07:48:49 AM »

if'in after verifying your batteries r up to snuff, you might meander over to:

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=25465.msg143830#msg143830

and follow the lo battery reset procedure that x10 forgot about;  simply replacing lo batteries in a ds10 unfortunately does not often reset the lo batt bit being sent.....  post if this fixes it for you as it did for me.

William8

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 12:21:51 PM »

I have had this happen a couple of times over the years. As suggested, hold the test button on the DS10A until it resets, and creates a new code. But with the DS7000, you will have to clear the console (remove 9v battery and unplug) and re-enter all the sensors and remotes again. In my case, it wasn't low batteries, the console just decided to drop that sensor.

mike

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 02:29:10 PM »

I have had this happen a couple of times over the years. As suggested, hold the test button on the DS10A until it resets, and creates a new code. But with the DS7000, you will have to clear the console (remove 9v battery and unplug) and re-enter all the sensors and remotes again. In my case, it wasn't low batteries, the console just decided to drop that sensor.

NO NO NO!  

holding the test button down as I said in my other post does NOT - repeat - does NOT - reset the ds10 security code!!!!!!!!!!!!

follow up with one more short push of test button to make it work again...... this sequence simply forces the ds10 to re-evaluate its incorrect batt value and fix itself.....  

to force a new security code, remove batts for a long time (read istrucs or ask as I dont know how long is required) and then put back in.  NOW u have a new code and must reteach DS7000.  I left batt compartment open on a few ds10.s lately..,, last night it would not set alarm on....  checked and found a cat had pulled one batt out!  THAT caused a new security code and reporgram required since it was who knows how long out.

add a perhaps if.....:  if u found a new securioty code was generated by holding down test button and waiting ofr multiple blinks of LED and did not then follow up with another short push on test button, then perhaps that does reset the security code;  MY scheme is the two step long push then short push and I gaurantee it does not reset security code.  we all know how painful that is on ds7000.  I needed to temper my reply to say if no second f-up push of test button is unkown state to me so may be crash and burn and new security code.  but my two step push DOES keep security code - i tested it like 24 times to be sure before posting...............
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 05:03:39 PM by mike »

William8

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 05:29:56 PM »

NO NO NO!  

holding the test button down as I said in my other post does NOT - repeat - does NOT - reset the ds10 security code!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try not to get so exited. Holding the button does reset the security code. From the manual:

• Press and hold the TEST button for about a second. The LED flashes twice when you release it. This confirms it has generated a new random security code.

No comment on the rest of your post, as I couldn't understand any of it.

mike

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 06:24:58 PM »

sorry to have confused u william. 

also sorry u misunderstand manual.  when one tests a function a dozen times and it does one thing, it does not matter if the manual says something different - it doesn't change facts :)

hopefully ricohen tries it before having to reprogram their whole ds7000 unit since it is not necessary.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 08:31:31 AM »

mike; Your findings on a DS10A may not apply to all revisions. X10 has a history of changing things and not changing part numbers or telling anyone what changed.
Yours may not act like others users have found.
The instructions could be incorrect for yours but not for another users revision.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:38:06 AM by Brian H »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 04:10:18 PM »

mike; Your findings on a DS10A may not apply to all revisions. X10 has a history of changing things and not changing part numbers or telling anyone what changed.
Yours may not act like others users have found.
The instructions could be incorrect for yours but not for another users revision.

Just one of the reasons the X10 ship is listing.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 04:25:50 PM »

Now we also have vendors finding older items maybe from the back of the warehouse.  :'
I see an EBay dealer selling non softstart LM465's.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 09:09:18 PM »

Now we also have vendors finding older items maybe from the back of the warehouse.  :'
I see an EBay dealer selling non softstart LM465's.

Yup!!  Just bought 3 of them.  IBM Home Director Lamp Module  Another LM465 with somebody else's name on them.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.