Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: smart macros sending email on any console alarm  (Read 5683 times)

Andytec

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
smart macros sending email on any console alarm
« on: November 27, 2011, 01:14:17 PM »

I have AHP with multiple sensors ( 16 of which are associated with a security console) and within individual smart macros using individual sensor triggers can action the security PANIC button of a remote and get (i) the alarm to trigger and (ii) I can send an email on the event.

I want to send an email on ANY console alarming event  ( Not just a specific sensor). Is there any feature to use the console alarming event as a trigger in a macro which will then allow me to send an email ?

The reason I want to do this is because it appears that I cannot add more then one email address for email advice of an alarm . I dont want to have to repeat for each sensor the same macro sequence (30 macros) for each of 4 email addresses.

Thanks

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: smart macros sending email on any console alarm
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 04:40:03 PM »

I too would like a way to send and email on sc12 or ds7000 alarm but have not thought of a way yet.

but I can tell u I send my emails to multiple email addresses all the time:  just enter email address, then a comma, then next email address.  I just saw another post by Tuiceman who says he does similar using semicolon between addresses.  so at least u can do this part.....

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 05:04:44 PM »

there is a thirdparty program I created that will allow a email send on a alarm trip.
It does this for both the SC1200 and the DS7000
However the version that does this for the SC1200 is in beta testing.
The program is X10SW and a search on my forum will turn up links to both the beta and old versions.
You may need to be a register member to get the links!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Andytec

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 05:21:59 PM »

Thanks guys for your answers

I'll register and try the software

Andy

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.