Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Poor Customer Service  (Read 2501 times)

countrydave

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Poor Customer Service
« on: December 04, 2011, 11:02:06 AM »

I ordered an Airpad on Nov. 13th.  I received it in 2 days.  # days later I got an email saying it was reduced to $179.00.  I emailed X-10 asking if they were making any adjustments to those who had just ordered one.  I received no reply except an auto response that they had received my email. Then Yesterday I got an email announcing the "new" Airpad fixing many of the problems of the old version and for only$159.00.  I used the online chat to ask about this and after a wait of ten minutes while the operator checked with her supervisor was told that this item didn't have price guarantee and then ended the session.
I have ordered many items over the years from X-10 and have recommended them to many friends and coworkers during that time.  However, I do not think that I can any longer recommend them to anyone.  I also do not plan to order from them in the future.  As someone who worked in retail for over 30 years, their disregard for their customers is horrendous. They may have good products, but they need to take care of their customers. One of our sayings in retail is "Satisfied Customers Tell Three Friends, Angry Customers Tell 3,000".

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Poor Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 02:19:50 PM »

Don't you have 30 days to return your purchase?
I'd suggest returning the first AirPad, and buying the new AirPadP.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 06:40:31 PM »

Noam; Tablet return policy now shows 14 days and a 15% restocking charge if the unit was opened and not defective.  ::)

countrydave

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 08:53:02 PM »

I was waiting for a reply from x-10 and missed the 14 day return window.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 09:23:22 PM »

Was the 14-day policy already in place when you PLACED your order? I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that whatever policy was in place at the time of your order is the one that is applicable to your purchase. Otherwise, what prevents them from selling you an item with a 30-day return policy, and then changing the policy the next day so it is only 2 days?

If you contacted them within the 14-day window (but they didn't respond), then they should still honor the policy. If you don't get any response via e-mail or on the phone, you might want to try posting on their Facebook page. They seem to respond pretty quickly to complaints there (from what I've observed).

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 10:27:07 AM »

Contact your credit card company immediately and dispute the charges and say that you can't get thru customer service for a return.  This is a legitimate claim since its tough to get to an X10 rep.  I'm sure the credit companies have built up a file of common  X10 disputes which seems to be the norm verses the exception these days.  Anyway it looks like X10 is abandoning the Airpad 1 and replacing it with Airpad 7p

« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 10:34:15 AM by pseeker »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 11:00:16 AM »

Or.... since all electronics are steadily getting cheaper (as a portion of average income)... buy nothing that uses electricity. You have to admit that TVs, CFL's, certainly the new LED's... they are all getting cheaper. It would probably be better if you avoid buying all electronics ...altogether. Wait till prices start up again... then buy the latest technology while the price is at it's lowest.

Obviously.... this post is supposed to be in good humor (please take it that way). Cutting edge products are always at the bleeding edge as well. You will spent a little extra to get the first of a product that will quickly be improved and reduced in price... electronics are like that.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.