Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirpadX - Is Flash Player Installed?  (Read 3528 times)

Joe B

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AirpadX - Is Flash Player Installed?
« on: December 31, 2011, 06:52:50 PM »

I've got the AirpadX,
build number b01ref-eng 2.3.4 GB.b01ref.20110934 eng.root.20110924,132957

When I visit a site such as www.abc.com and try to watch a video, I'll get a message that the content requires Adobe Flash Player.

When I click the link under that message provided by ABC to get Flash, the Adobe page returns a message that I don't have permission to "open this page."

Doesn't Flash Player come preloaded on this tablet?

From the X10 Website ad for this product:
"Additionally, with Adobe Flash 10.2, the AirPad X gives you access to the entire web."

I've tried both the included Web browser and Opera Mini with the same results. I suspected I may be able to get Flash as an app off Amazon, but no luck.

What am I missing here?

Assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Moderators:
Any chance you could create a new Product Category in the "X10 Community Forum" for the X version (AirpadX) specifically. It seems to be sufficiently different from the original 7" version that questions/problems/solutions for each are essentially unrelated (ie: Skype video chat, [which, incidentally works for me], Android vs Amazon market, etc, etc...).

Best Regards,
Joe   

q711179

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: AirpadX - Is Flash Player Installed?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 02:15:53 PM »

A look in your applications drawer should reveal if Adobe air is loaded on your device. Be sure to not update Flash beyond 10.2 as it will no longer work. I mention this because some folks click on the button for auto update and this will wreck flash. 
I posted a link to the 10.2 Flash in another post. You might want to check it out and download.

Good luck.

vlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: AirpadX - Is Flash Player Installed?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 03:18:30 PM »

A look in your applications drawer should reveal if Adobe air is loaded on your device. Be sure to not update Flash beyond 10.2 as it will no longer work. I mention this because some folks click on the button for auto update and this will wreck flash. 
I posted a link to the 10.2 Flash in another post. You might want to check it out and download.

Good luck.

whats wrong with 10.2 flash??
mine used 10.2 flash works fine.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.