Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What Lamp Module Remembers the last Dim Setting when turned on  (Read 3732 times)

swb_mct

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
What Lamp Module Remembers the last Dim Setting when turned on
« on: December 08, 2011, 04:56:11 PM »

I just bought some Soft Start LM465 that are advertized to remember the prior dim level when turn on.  These unit always go to 100% when turned on .  I also have some LM465 without Soft Start and they also do not remember.

Thanks

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: What Lamp Module Remembers the last Dim Setting when turned on
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:21:00 PM »

What I know about Soft Start modules is if they are turned on after being off they ramp up to the brightness either set by AHP or by a wall switch.  Older modules will go to full brightness when turned on  by AHP or by a wall switch.   I have one Soft Start wall switch in an attic room with has no timers and it ramps up when the switch is pushed.   To me Soft Start is a PITA and X10 gets a big goose egg for not giving Soft Start modules different part numbers so we could tell which is which at a glance.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 06:34:01 PM »

Where did you see the LM465 advertised as remembering the prior dim level?
The only X10 one I have ever seen to do that was the discontinued LM14A Two Way Lamp Module.
I believe the latest WS467 and WS12A wall switches have both soft start and preset dim.

Some of the other manufacturers X10 compatible module may have resume dim.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 06:35:34 PM »

What I remember from my testing, is that an "on" will put the SoftStart module at the same brightness level it was at before it was turned off.
However, that might only be through AHP and the SDK (it is a bug in AHP, for sure).

William8

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 06:38:58 PM »

I believe the latest WS467 and WS12A wall switches have both soft start and preset dim.

Sounds right to me, my soft start WS467's  have preset dim. None of my soft start lamp modules do.

Wish they offered both, soft start doesn't work well with alarms.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 06:40:04 PM »

Could be through software. I tried my Smarthome 1132CU and Smarthome Essentials to turn a Soft Start LM465 On. Then dim it down. Turn it Off. Then back On. Went to 100%. Tried an old LM14A and it did go back to the level it was at when turned Off.

Tried AHP with a CM15A. Used the Soft Start Tab and installed a test LM465. In the on screen Icon for the LM465. I turned it On and Off and it did as expected. Dimmed it down to 40% and then Off. When turned back On. The slider briefly stopped at 40% and then jumped to 100% but the LM465 stayed at 40%. Both a Date Code 08A01 and a 09J44 acted the same.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:12:53 PM by Brian H »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 06:44:35 PM »

William8, How recent are the LM465s?
I have some Date Code 08A01 LM465s and they try and ramp On and Off with a X10 Security Consoles stream of On Off commands.
A more recent Date Code 09J44 X10 tweaked the firmware,. It still ramps On and Off with normal commands but a stream of On and Off or All Lights On and All Units Off from a Security Console. They revert to fast On and Off flashes.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:51:59 PM by Brian H »

William8

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 07:04:38 PM »

The LM465's are from 08, don't remember the exact code, they are in a box with my spares. I don't use them anymore, bought some older IBM modules to replace them.

The WS467's are from this year, and even those don't flash on and off, but they do ramp up and down quicker from the alarm trigger, than they do when you turn them on and off from the switch. I've replaced all but one of those with older IBM units as well. Ebay has some great deals on IBM room expansion kits.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.