Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Any idea why application module works, but not a Super Socket - Wall Receptacle?  (Read 2760 times)

wyx2000

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

I used to have an application module on a regular wall receptacle. I then tried to make it looks better by replacing the receptable with a SuperSocket SR227. But I found the the top outlet doesn't work like the previous Application Module. I can still plug the Application Module to the bottom outlet to test, which still works fine. The load is a fan. But I think since the top outlet of SR227 is an application module too, it should not care the load.

Any idea? Thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

Does the top outlet go On and Off correctly. If you try a regular lamp in it as a test?
How does it act? Go Off and then back On or maybe On and then back Off.

If it is not responding at all. Try gently rotating the House and Unit Code Dials a few times. To make sure one of them isn't dirty and the code on the dials is the code the module is using.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 06:21:42 AM by Brian H »

MD Corie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I'm not familiar with the SuperSocket... does it control both outlets?  (I know the older Wall Receptacle Modules only controlled the lower outlet, and the upper one was just a plain (i.e. - always on) outlet...)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

SR227 controls the top socket. Lower one always On.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24

I have several SR227 outlets and they work great.  The only problem I've found is that they are not very resilient to water...but what electronic stuff is.

The product has 2 outlets.  The top one is controlled by X10 commands (On/Off).  The bottom one is always on.  I have had no problems using these with lights (rope, xmas type, fluorescent) or other stuff (misc tools just for testing).  This unit has a relay inside it, so it should work with ANY type of 2- or 3-prong device regardless of the type (resistive/inductive).

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139

I then tried to make it looks better by replacing the receptable with a SuperSocket SR227. But I found the the top outlet doesn't work like the previous Application Module.
Does the SR227 click loudly (like the Appliance Module) when you turn it on, and is it new?
Past history indicates SR227 have a weak mechanical part with a history of breaking. Maybe that has happened here(?). With the part intact the click is similar to the Appliance Module but when the part breaks the click is much more quiet.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.