Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Please help! Firecracker CM17A X10 software not working with Windows 7 64-bit  (Read 3975 times)

TomH123

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hi, I have a CM17A Firecracker serial module plugged into COM1 on a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit computer. This setup works with the third part tool "cm17a.exe", but while using X10's Firecracker software (the latest version and 1.1, I cannot find 1.0) or third party software based on the ActiveHome Pro SDK nothing happens. There are no errors, but "pressing the buttons" does nothing. I have verified the house code/device numbers, but still there's nothing.

This is not a problem with the physical set up. It's a problem with the X10 software missing something. Like I said, using cm17a.exe works fine to control everything (and that program is only 32kb!).

This poster has a similar problem: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=20675.0, but neither the batch nor the UI works for me. I've installed VB5 libraries, but that didn't do anything.

Please help! Lots of cool utilities use the SDK and it would be nice to use the official software.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

The latest Firecracker software is 2.0.0.82 and is available here:
http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

There are earlier version on the X10 FTP site.
ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/firecracker/

I don't believe the AHP SDK will not work with a CM17A, only a CM19A and CM15A.

TomH123

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Ok, I tried all of those with no better results. In the case of version xfire049.exe and xfire033.exe the software said the port was disabled. I restarted the computer and had the same result. Reinstalling the latest version, 2.0.0.82, produces the same results as before. There are no errors reported, but clicking the appropriate on/off button does nothing. There are no conflicts with the COM port.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.