Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Information Hungry  (Read 14351 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Information Hungry
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 07:18:36 PM »

Gee... in attemping to email DJ's Sound City's BLOG (see my last post)... I found my email wasn't able to send to the address. In reviewing the article I noticed that there is a phone number... which  DJ's Sound City seems to share with Ion Security.

Then I realized... that, in the BLOG DJ/Ion Security says: X10 devices can be easily hacked into and do not offer any security or encryption to prevent unauthorized access.  If you are planning to purchase X10 wireless devices don’t.  If you are using X10 wireless devices especially Alarm Systems and Cameras you should STOP using these devices and replace them ............
ION Security is a leader in secure affordable Home Automation, Home Integration, Alarm Systems and Video Camera Monitoring Solutions.  

It looks to me... like we've been had!!!

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 07:35:01 PM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

acmename

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 04:46:58 AM »

So what's the verdict?

Gee... in attemping to email DJ's Sound City's BLOG (see my last post)... I found my email wasn't able to send to the address. In reviewing the article I noticed that there is a phone number... which  DJ's Sound City seems to share with Ion Security.

Then I realized... that, in the BLOG DJ/Ion Security says: X10 devices can be easily hacked into and do not offer any security or encryption to prevent unauthorized access.  If you are planning to purchase X10 wireless devices don’t.  If you are using X10 wireless devices especially Alarm Systems and Cameras you should STOP using these devices and replace them ............
ION Security is a leader in secure affordable Home Automation, Home Integration, Alarm Systems and Video Camera Monitoring Solutions.  

It looks to me... like we've been had!!!

HA Dave

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 09:59:18 AM »

So what's the verdict?

This same subject was also taken up in another thread:  http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=25304.msg142188#msg142188

I emailed the BLOG I had seen re-posted many times. The reply I got from that BLOG (DJ's Sound City) gave me the impression he had no desire to "report" as much as he was only trying to drum up attention to his Site and compeating Security Product.

However there was an older post (very similar) and I emailed the writer of that post asking if the post was a hoax and where/what was the source of the "announcement". I have received NO REPLY from that source. I take the no denials of hoax... as admitting to the hoax.

I know this isn't the best of times for businesses in America. I know this isn't the best of times to be an importer of electronics. I know X10 is going through some difficult format changes. But exaggerated Internet hoaxes doesn't help X10 or it's users.

HA Dave

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 06:39:28 PM »

I finally got a reply from the original person [Julie Jacobson] to post: X10 announced on August 11, 2011 that it is going into receivership and will be shutting down it’s factories. (http://www.cepro.com/article/the_end_of_x10/) She now says: 

X10 currently (as you probably know as an X10 guy) are trying to keep X10.com alive as an online retailer, though. I have heard nothing official from X10, but I’m still hearing from sources that the earlier statement is accurate.

Or... in other words (mine) although she made up the original story.... she has heard or read the story repeated as rumor. X10 was one of the earliest "on line" retailers.... but now after 15 years or so... she thinks being an on line retailer is "trying to keep X10.com alive".

Apparently.... we should all be shocked! Who would have guessed that some of those BLOGs aren't complete truth.

astrothug

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 02:49:41 PM »

Well Guys I think x-10 the company is moving away from x-10 technology, its not bringing anything new in under x10 tech, its all other garbage I can buy from other sites or out of china for cheaper. this has led me to look at going to use INSTEON and zwave good buy to you x10 its been fun...

HA Dave

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 04:16:26 PM »

Well Guys I think x-10 the company is moving away from x-10 technology, its not bringing anything new in under x10 tech, its all other garbage I can buy from other sites or out of china for cheaper. this has led me to look at going to use INSTEON and zwave good buy to you x10 its been fun...

It's true X10 is now offering products similar to what other Home Automation vendors have offered for years now. I would guess X10 was left empty handed when they lost their favored manufactures in China. With Smartphones and "i" everythings... I would guess electronic assemblers in China are in big demand. INSTEON has a great Internet/router connectable interface that I believe is X10 compatible.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 04:33:29 PM by HA Dave »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.