Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows 7 Ultimate - VA11A USB Video Capture device driver??  (Read 15345 times)

B's_Place

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Windows 7 Ultimate - VA11A USB Video Capture device driver??
« on: December 10, 2011, 06:25:20 PM »

I upgraded my system to Windows 7 Ultimate.     Reinstalled ActiveHome Pro & successfully re-registered all products.     CM15A & all X10 controls & Smart Macros work, including camera pan/tilt controls.      HOWEVER, startup reports IWatchOut installed and registered - But "Unable to connect to the Video Capture Device (VA11A)", and video monitoring only displays "Splash" screen.

Windows Device Manager shows a yellow (!) "Video Composite Device" and everything I have tried to "reinstall / update / find driver has failed, including a recommended VA12A driver recommended on this forum.

DO I have to purchase a different USB composite video converter?

???? Anyone have any experience or input that might help?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Windows 7 Ultimate - VA11A USB Video Capture device driver??
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 06:30:34 PM »

VA11A does not work with Windows 7.
VA12A or the VA13A are needed.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/VA11A

B's_Place

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 09:57:32 AM »

Thanks Brian H:

Your (quick) reply to my problem and the included link was "Right on point".

I ordered a VA12A off of e-bay and installed it,  downloaded AHP and my licensed modules (from version 3.2 to version 3.318 ) directly from http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm and installed.

Video works better (higher resolution) than before and version 3.318  fixed several annoying problems - like the "History filter" on the individual modules not working, and the "stored video" calendar getting lost behind stored video display, among others.

I don't understand WHY version 3.2 always reported that I had the latest version and did not need to upgrade.

Thank you Brian H for the quick response and accurate reference.    #:)

B's_Place

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 11:25:06 AM »

I don't understand WHY version 3.2 always reported that I had the latest version and did not need to upgrade.
The "Check for Upgrades" function has been broken since v3.228, which was released 9/5/2008. It is a server-end problem, but they haven't been able to fix it for some reason.

What version were you using before you upgraded to 3.318? If you have any older (non-softStart) lamp modules or dimming wall switches, you should re-define them in AHP using the "Old Lamps - no SoftStart" module type.
It is easy to check if they are SoftStart or not. When you turn them on, if they slowly ramp up to full brightness, they ARE SoftStart. If they instantly go to full brightness, they are NOT SoftStart.

If you have both SoftStart and Non-SoftStart modules, you should make sure they are not on the same Hoousecode / UnitCode combinations. That can lead to some unexpected results.

You can see the entire (user-maintained) bug list here:
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=22373.0

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.