Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Sending Extended Codes - AGAIN  (Read 2861 times)

devedsmith

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP Sending Extended Codes - AGAIN
« on: December 13, 2011, 01:37:35 PM »

Sorry about this guys... it's been awhile since I've posted and since it's Christmas I'm digging through several dozen Lamp Modules trying to get things up and running...

Here's the issue: I have setup a single LM465 (OLD pre-2007 style). In AHP I have specified it as a "Older Lamps (No Softstart)" module. However, AHP ALWAYS sends extended codes to this module. I have deleted and recreated the module and no matter what I try it always sends extended codes to THIS MODULE. My HR12A remote controls the module just fine - and the AHP log shows the correct code being sent. AHP, however, is still assuming that this is a new module.

Any ideas? This whole thing seems whacky.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: AHP Sending Extended Codes - AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 02:44:20 PM »

Do you have ANY other modules defined in AHP with the same HouseCode/UnitCode?

It isn't a good idea to mix different module types on the same HouseCode/UnitCode. AHP gets confused, and doesn't send the correct commands.

One other possibility - did you re-download your programming to the CM15A after you changed the module type?

devedsmith

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 06:25:43 PM »

No other modules with that HC/UC. I had double-checked that because the "Christmas" one (the one with the problem) is used in the summer for the swimming pool. I've confirmed that this is the only "D15" AND there are no motion sensors with D14/D15 either.

Downloading: Yes. I've even cleared it many times AND swapped for the one in the garage (different HC) to see if it was a bad transceiver.

After doing more testing though, I can absolutely re-create the following: When I first add the module - as an Older Lamps LM465 - it successfully sends D15:ON. However, if I close AHP and then re-open it, then try the module again, it sends extended codes. Even though the module still shows as an Older Lamps (No Softstart) type.

(A note about my garage setup: It's version 3.228 - I'll NEVER upgrade it*. It's never failed me. Performing the same tests above the module and macros perform beautifully.)

*The "City/Time-Zone bug" has never been fixed from this version to the next so keeping my existing version works fine as long as I never try to change the time zone.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 10:09:11 PM »

3.228 is so old to use any SoftStart modules you have to use the LM14A module to properly control them.  X10 does not make the LM14A anymore but it's still in the Lamps section of AHP through 3.318
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 10:10:04 AM »

... When I first add the module - as an Older Lamps LM465 - ... Even though the module still shows as an Older Lamps (No Softstart) type. ...

(A note about my garage setup: It's version 3.228 - ...
I don't know how this is possible. The "Old Lamps" category was first added to AHP in version 3.302. To my knowledge, 3.228 didn't even have that as an option.

*The "City/Time-Zone bug" has never been fixed from this version to the next so keeping my existing version works fine as long as I never try to change the time zone.
I'm not sure which bug you are referring to. If it is the Daylight Savings time bug, then it was corrected in version 3.264, released 3/23/2010.

devedsmith

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 07:09:27 PM »

... When I first add the module - as an Older Lamps LM465 - ... Even though the module still shows as an Older Lamps (No Softstart) type. ...

I don't know how this is possible. The "Old Lamps" category was first added to AHP in version 3.302. To my knowledge, 3.228 didn't even have that as an option.

I'm not sure which bug you are referring to. If it is the Daylight Savings time bug, then it was corrected in version 3.264, released 3/23/2010.

Regarding 3.228: True. Therefore there is never really a problem with it controlling modules. It simply works with any module I add to that house code. The bug is with the location setting. The only option listed in "Location" is "Custom"... If I click it, AHP crashes. The problem started several versions before that and with every upgrade in never got fixed. I got some help in the forums about editing an XML file and that didn't fix it either. But like I said, I don't need to change it so I don't need to have it fixed. Now with this new version having problems between old and new modules there's no way I'm going upgrade the one in my garage. It works and does everything I need it to do.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 07:40:55 PM »

Regarding 3.228: True. Therefore there is never really a problem with it controlling modules. It simply works with any module I add to that house code. The bug is with the location setting. The only option listed in "Location" is "Custom"... If I click it, AHP crashes. The problem started several versions before that and with every upgrade in never got fixed. I got some help in the forums about editing an XML file and that didn't fix it either. But like I said, I don't need to change it so I don't need to have it fixed. Now with this new version having problems between old and new modules there's no way I'm going upgrade the one in my garage. It works and does everything I need it to do.
Did you try replacing the icities.xml file?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.