Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: autom8 and pum01 universal module  (Read 5767 times)

paulepi1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
autom8 and pum01 universal module
« on: December 27, 2011, 08:02:22 PM »

HI I AN NEW TO THE FORUM. I HAVE USED AUTOM8 PROGRAM FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW AND LIKE IT A LOT AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM UNTIL NOW. I AM TRYING TO USE A PUM01 UNIVERSAL MODULE AND I GET A SOCKET READ FAILED MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO ACCESS IT. IN THE AUTOM8 SETTINGS YOU CAN ONLY PICK  LAMP,APPL., OR SECURITY MODULE. DOES ANYONE KNOW A WAY AROUND THIS TO MAKE IT WORK?  EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT FROM THE AHP SOFTWARE BUT WOULD LIKE IT TO WORK FROM MY ANDROID PHONE AS WELL.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP,
PAUL

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: autom8 and pum01 universal module
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 08:14:11 PM »

Set it as an applianc e. Module.

paulepi1

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 09:31:13 PM »

I TRIED SETTING IT FOR APL AND ALSO LAMP. I GET THE SOCKET READ FAILED EACH WAY.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 09:35:11 PM »

Please remember to type in lower case, not in total upper case, that is read as shouting.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 01:06:18 PM »

I TRIED SETTING IT FOR APL AND ALSO LAMP. I GET THE SOCKET READ FAILED EACH WAY.
I'm not familiar with autom8, but the pum01 is a one-way device (it listens for the right PLC code, and either turns on, off, or momentary).
I think the suggestion was to define it as an appliance module. If you can't add another appliance module to autom8, that sounds like an autom8 problem, not a problem with the module.
I wonder if you need to define the PUM01 as an appliance module within AHP, as well.
It can't hurt to try that, I suppose.

GUMMIBEARZ

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 05:26:29 AM »

Really new to the forums have been reading mostly and i think i posted a couple of times but i also u autom8.... and if was having trouble getting it to do something with a "tricky" module I would create a macro to turn it on (or whatever yur trying to do) and use the trigger of the macro an appliance module thus being able to do whatever you want it to do on autom8 (once you list it on the autmo8 server)... u can even make another macro to turn it off and have the trigger as the "off" position for the same appliance module..... lol thats how i have my security macro anyways... lol this is a random post but hope it was helpful... LOVE  AUTOM8.... every x10 & android user shud be using it cuz its free!!! n very reliable...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:30:28 AM by GUMMIBEARZ »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.