Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SC1200 + DS10A + FireAlert Smoke Detector in Pics & Video  (Read 23898 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: SC1200 + DS10A + FireAlert Smoke Detector in Pics & Video
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 04:03:37 PM »

The only one that I could not see was the last one ending in .0023.

Knightrider also has a excellent Smoke detector Mod.
If you have not seen it.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=m5dm9r7ld9t257ngu73ekrdsq1&topic=14772.0
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 04:21:32 PM by Brian H »

Wchadwick

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »

OK----this is by FAR the best answer for what I've been looking for!   NOT tech inclined here at all ... and I mean at all.  So who can I pay to build this for me, actually several?   I've got a crated deaf dog at my house, and simply trying to create a system that will connect a wireless smoke alarm to a autodial/security console, that will autodial my fire department and tell them there is a deaf dog in a crate in the back of the house ... in case the whole house is burning.  I live in Dallas, Tx ... you would think there would be an automated system to relay this type of information to police/fire emergency personnel if called to my house.

So who's able?

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 08:13:42 PM »

Not sure that the fire department wants the call.  False alarms take away from the real calls.  Trust me, dad, myself, my two brothers and my son are all firefighters. 

Try contacting your local dispatch agency. A call to your local FD's non-emergency number will point you to the right place.  Nowadays, most dispatch centers use a CAD (computer aided dispatch) system that relays other information to the responders such as: crossroads/intersections, road closures, where the spare key is located, and other vital information such as a deaf dog.   This may be the way to go.

Our priorities as firefighters are:

Life Protection
Property Conservation
Situation Containment/Control

in that order.  Answering an automated phone dialer during a run, not so much on the list.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Wchadwick

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 12:09:56 AM »

A great suggestion.  I have actually been to the firehouse myself, as it is a couple of blocks from my house, and was advised to contact 3-1-1, a branch of the 9-1-1 service for City of Dallas, to have this "automated" information for the relay entered, and was told that the City will NOT add information like that about an animal.  A convalescent or disabled person, yes.  An animal, no.  Naturally, I realize that the saving of lives is and should be top priority, but come on ... it's four words on a CRT that pops up on a screen as the unit is en route to my home ablaze.  Regardless, trying to take advantage of modern technology to circumvent an archaic systematic flaw.  Naturally, I've got smoke detectors in the house; actually hardwired ones, not just battery powered ones.  I also have ADT home security.  However, the smoke detectors are not part of the ADT system.  Therefore, someone has to be in the house to push the FIRE button on the control panel to summon fire/rescue personnel.  In that perfect situation, my dogs' safety is in my hands, and I've got it covered.  Otherwise, ....

SO....back to the project....I would have the system set to call up to four numbers, including my own, to alert that is a fire in the house.  Perhaps a human voice can spur the fire department to take action.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 07:58:41 AM »

First of all, ouch to the fact that Dallas won't include that vital information to the CAD, but I guess that living in rural Ohio is a little different.  311 may be a good thing then.  Honestly, I didn't know of such a system.  I THINK  311 around here is to get road construction reports, much like 211 is for traffic.   If no one steps up to build it, send me a PM.  I'm in class right now in my free time, and still working 60+ hours a week, but love my dogs alot and can't see a canine friend go without protection.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.