Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My NightWatch 2 keeps shutting off  (Read 16122 times)

HighlanderCFH

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
My NightWatch 2 keeps shutting off
« on: January 03, 2012, 02:28:40 AM »

Greetings,
I just joined the forums after purchasing many items from X10 over the years.  I just received an order for a NightWatch 2, model SC23A.

It was pretty easy to install outside so I can watch down the street when expecting company or a delivery, etc.

I have 2 questions.  The first is that since I began using the camera, I've noticed that it shuts off after being on for a while.  After I simply unplug the power supply & plug it back in, it comes back on again.  Could I be doing something wrong to cause these shutoffs?  Or could there be some defect involved?

My second question is whether I'm supposed to keep the clear plastic lens cap on or remove it.

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer.
Chuck

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: My NightWatch 2 keeps shutting off
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 06:03:18 AM »

Check what X10 address the power supply is set to.
Cameras work in groups of four Unit Codes in the same House Code. Turn one On the other three go Off.
Unit Codes 1-4,5-8,9-12 and 13-16.
If you have any other X10 equipment using any of the four Unit Codes. They could be turning them Off.
Don't overlook motion sensors that use the next higher Unit Code for their dusk dawn detector.
By default when powered up. The camera is On so you are turning it On after something maybe turning it Off.

deanmearak

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: My NightWatch 2 keeps shutting off
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 05:56:43 AM »

Check what X10 address the power supply is set to.
Cameras work in groups of four Unit Codes in the same House Code. Turn one On the other three go Off.
Unit Codes 1-4,5-8,9-12 and 13-16.
If you have any other X10 equipment using any of the four Unit Codes. They could be turning them Off.
Don't overlook motion sensors that use the next higher Unit Code for their dusk dawn detector.
By default when powered up. The camera is On so you are turning it On after something maybe turning it Off.

This helped me a lot. Thanks Brian.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.