Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Motion sensor and lights on/off  (Read 34890 times)

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: Motion sensor and lights on/off
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 05:28:39 PM »

If all you want to do is turn on lights for a period of sensed motion and then turn them off when motion is no longer sensed for a delay, you can use pretty much any motion sensor on the market.  If you use an X10 module, it will work correctly out of the box by simply setting the lights to the same HU code.  If you are using a non-X10 module, you can interface it through the power flash and it should still work fine.

However, if you want to do more complicated things, you need more control.  It all depends on what you want to do whether the built-in features perform the desired actions.

E.g.:  I want the motion sensor to:
  • turn on lights at night if motion sensed and keep them on for 5 minutes after motion sensed
  • fire a chime both during the day and at night if motion sensed, but not fire again for at least 10 minutes

I couldn't make that work without some macro coding and it was a challenge to make it work within AHP even with smart macros.  When I switched to a non-X10 motion sensor, this procedure could not be done acceptably even with smart macros...enter the SDK.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 05:53:28 PM »

However, in this case it looks like the OP wanted to use this in the bathroom, presumably to have the light come on each time someone went into the bathroom, and go off 5 minutes after they left.

I was addressing the Lastico question. It is their first post and they received a typical, no detail explaination, from X10 Support that needed to be clairified. Yes, the OP was a completely different question.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

jarleifv

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 12:17:08 AM »

I somehow missed the fact that my original  post had created quite the following..

This collection of macros was created using security motion sensors, not *****-eye sensors. In fact at the time of the creation, I wasn't even aware such sensors existed.

nevertheless..it was a learning experience with smart macros, and i found the end result quite satisfying since it actually worked as originally desired.
Thanks for all the feedback!

Squirrel1162

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 01:38:38 AM »

Here is my solution to sensor lights on / off in the bathroom.  Great at night when you are not fully awake.  There are 2 lights in the bathroom.  I use socket rockets in them along with a EagleEye motion sensor.

My Trigger is B3  (Bathroom lights are B1 & B2) 

Bathroom 1  (morning shower time)

All Lights on
Hall 1 on  (optional)
Hall 2 on  (optional)
Delay 30  (enough time to shave & shower)
All Lights off

Bathroom 2  (all day lights on as needed)

Vanity 1 on
Vanity 2 on
Delay 5
All Lights off

Bathroom 3  (Late night)

Vanity 1 on
Hall 1 on
Delay 5
All off

This works for me and I hope it does the trick for you.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.