Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: KR32A Keychain remote question  (Read 3922 times)

LAD

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
KR32A Keychain remote question
« on: January 15, 2012, 07:10:55 PM »

I've looked and from what i can tell from posts, the kr32a only works on the 2nd unit code for lights correct? ok, can i change the house code number on the remote? the base alarm system i have is a ps561 ..i'm trying to actually control lights on housecode "p" with alarm system on "p" also..Can i do this ?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: KR32A Keychain remote question
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 07:37:04 PM »

You don't set the House Code in the remote.
It uses the House Code set on the console. If the console is P the KR32A uses P.
Yes if the console is on P. Lights on P could be controled.

The KR32A does the second light code with a SC1200A or Radio Shack 49-1000. As they have two light codes automatically.
If the console was set in the options menu to Light Code 4. It would send a House Code, Unit code 4 and House Code, Unit 5 On and Off with alarm functions. The KR32A light buttons would do House Code Unit Code 5 On and Off. The older KR10A also sends the second light code with a SC1200 or 49-1000.

I have not tested one with the PS561 so I don't know what it would send. Since it only has one light code. It maybe the security unit code.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 07:46:07 PM by Brian H »

LAD

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 08:18:33 PM »

ok, so if my console is lets say is set to p-1 then, i can control the lights set on p..But is the first unit code for lights 1 or do i have to set it to 2 since the alarm unit is actually on 1? would this cause the alarm to activate when i press lights on?

LAD

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 08:28:25 PM »

The problem im having is that when i set the lights to work on same house code as alarm system and keychain, i can't get the ss13a remote light switch work the lights also..

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 08:29:30 PM »

Yes if the console is on P1. The KR32A will control a light with a House Code of P. The console will also act as a transceiver for House Code P for any other standard X10 remotes you may have.
I don't have any data on if the lights would have to also be on P1 or P2. I never tested that combination.
My thoughts are it will be P1.
You should not trigger an alarm with any security console using the Lights On and Lights Off buttons.
Alarm related commands are special commands. Not standard On, Off etc.

The SS13A will also have to be set to House Code P. If you want the console to act as the transceiver. Do you have any other transceivers like a TM751 or RR501?
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Setting_Up_A_Slimline_Switch
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 08:48:01 PM by Brian H »

LAD

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 08:49:52 PM »

yes i have another tm751 but it's not being used..Ok , thanx for your help i appreciate it..Wasn't for sure exactly how this keychain remote was being set ..The instructions aren't the greatest.. :)%

didn't know that the console would act as a transceiver also for that code..thanx again..

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.