Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP and tamper switch  (Read 7392 times)

junebuzz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP and tamper switch
« on: January 16, 2012, 12:22:14 PM »

I'm trying to monitor all my security components with the SDK and all seems to be working using macros now except if I open the sensor and trigger the tamper switch nothing happens.  The signal that AHP gets is an off command which doesn't trigger my program because it's looking for an on command which is what is sent when the door is opened.  Shouldn't the tamper switch be sending an on command?  Any ideas on how I can catch the tamper switch trigger?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: AHP and tamper switch
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 12:31:51 PM »

Tamper switch on what unit?
The SC1200 security console has a tamper switch.
The DS12A Door/Window Sensor and the MS18A Motion Sensor also have a tamper switch.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:40:27 PM by Brian H »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 02:13:59 PM »

I did a test with AHP with On Alert and a DS12A.
The DS12A is installed on a door with just the external contacts registered in my SC1200.
I could take the cover Off to trigger a tamper with out opening the door. The DS12A is installed in the AHP Screen.

Taking the cover Off. Triggered a Tamper Message on the SC1200 but nothing showed in the AHP Monitor Screen. When I opened the door. It showed a Deleyed Sensor Open and when the door closed a Sensor Closed. It never showed a tamper message.
The Sensors Icon never showed a tamper type display just an open or closed.
It possible you are seeing the sensor opening and never seeing the tamper message?

junebuzz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 02:40:07 PM »

I have the DS12A.  If I open the cover I get a message in the AHP Activity Monitor of Sensor Closed both when I take it off and replace it.  It registers with my SC1200 as tampered.  I want to eliminate my SC1200 panel, it is useless and can't be trusted.  I now have a setup through AHP that monitors the sensors and notifies me of any activity except if the sensor is tampered with.  I don't understand why the tamper switch on the sensor would send a off command when opened it should send an on command.  Is this just something that is missing in AHP and it just defaults to the off command?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 02:42:00 PM by junebuzz »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 04:44:44 PM »

Well I hope someone may have more answers for you.
My WGL W800RF32 module that can receive Security Message to name a few. Is dead on my main computer. So I could not originally look at what is being sent on a tamper.
My guess is the SDK or AHP with On Alert do not process tamper messages.

It maybe an XP thing like we see sometimes with the original Active Home with a CM11A.
I put it on my old IBM Laptop with Windows SE on it and it worked. I am analsizing the finding.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 06:33:21 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.