Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: timers and ws12a not working  (Read 7604 times)

evadorev

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
timers and ws12a not working
« on: January 23, 2012, 07:39:05 PM »

hi everybody

I recently build a new house and install a big bunch of modules on it, all controlled by AHP 3.326 and CM15A.
Everything works fine with the remotes including AHP interface but my 2 WS12A and 2 XPDI3 refuses to work with timers and Macros.
I try to change the module definition and issue on instead of bright 100% and it doesn`t change anything.
one of the ws12a are on the same circuit of the cm15a and all the modules are on the same phase. Other type of modules plugged on the same circuit of the defective ones works perfectly.

they turn off with the timers but not on.

I`m sure it`s not a noise problem because it works perfectly with the remotes and other type of modules works too.

I cannot tell if the WS12A works on the other house because i bought them for this house. I have most of the other modules at the other house with the CM15A for 3 years.

Any ideas ?????
Mary had a little lamp, little lamp, controlled by X10 !!!! (kid song!!)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: timers and ws12a not working
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 08:02:46 PM »

AHP 3.326? Latest released is 3.318.
Are the switches Soft Start where they ramp On and Off and not go instantly On and Off?

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 08:43:02 AM »

Maybe it was a typo, and the OP meant v3.236.

evadorev

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 07:15:22 PM »

it`s a typo error, it`s 3.236 and yes it`s softstart modules bought in june 2011

I made a few tests and i can turn it on with an appliance module definition.

hope it will help

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 07:53:03 PM »

it`s a typo error, it`s 3.236 and yes it`s softstart modules bought in june 2011

hope it will help

Where did you get AHP 3.236 that's an old issue of AHP.   AHP 3.310 is a better version as it has both Soft-Start and old style (no Soft-Start) modules.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 08:47:19 AM »

hope it will help

Where did you get AHP 3.236 that's an old issue of AHP.   AHP 3.310 is a better version as it has both Soft-Start and old style (no Soft-Start) modules.
While Dan seems happy with 3.310 right now, 3.318 is actually the latest version of the software.
The auto-update function has been broken since 3.236, but you can get the latest version from the link in my signature.
There is also a link to the AHP Revision History, so you can see what new features have been added since 3.236.
There is also a link to the current user-maintainted "bug list," so you can see what bugs have been reported, and are still out there in 3.318.

evadorev

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 01:56:00 PM »

Looks like i have a dinosaur in my hands !!!!!!         I will update and keep you in touch.

Did i have to recreate all my rooms ???
Did i have to update plugins or it will update automaticly?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 03:18:59 PM »

The latest version now has two lamp module lists.
"Lamp Modules" for the new Soft Start versions and Older Lamp (Before Soft Start).
If your dimming devices are not soft start and go On and Off rapidly. You would have to redefine them from the Older Lamp list or they would be sent Extended X10 commands to turn them On and set their dim levels. Old modules would not work correctly.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 03:22:02 PM »

(Brian posted while I was typing this - as he often does ;), but I didn't feel like editing it, so here is my entire post)
You shouldn't have to re-create any rooms (make sure you back up your AHX file before upgrading, though).
If you download the "updater" from the link in my signature, it is supposed to update all plugins along with AHP.

I will warn you, however, about SoftStart modules.
Around 2008, X10 redesigned their lamp modules (a category which includes all dimming plug-in modules and wall switches), and added a function called SoftStart. This allows the newer modules to "ramp up" to a desired brightness, instead of always turning on at full brightness, and having to "dim down." The new features are accessed using the X10 "Extended Dim" commands, instead of the older "Percent Dim" commands. Unfortunately, they did not change the model numbers when they changed the design.
The older (pre-2008, non-SoftStart) modules cannot respond to the Extended Dim commands. As a result, Extended Dim commands sent to older modules will result in nothing happening.

In version 3.302, the X10 developers finally added SoftStart functions to AHP. However, since the model numbers of the affected modules didn't change, they decided to default the behavior to the newer SoftStart version, and they created a new category, called "Old Lamps - no Soft Start" for the older modules.

So, here's how it affects you. If you have any of the older (non SoftStart) modules, you won't be able to turn them on using AHP right after you do an upgrade. However, there is a pretty simple fix.

For each of your older (non SoftStart) dimming modules, simply right-click on it in AHP, edit it, and change the module type. Choose the "Old Lamps - no SoftStart" category, and then re-select the correct module type. Once you save and re-download, everything should work fine.

To determine if your modules are SoftStart or not, simply turn them on (using the switch, or a remote - somewhere you can watch them turn on). If the light comes on at full brightness instantly, then it is NOT a SoftStart module, and you'll need to edit it in AHP after upgrading. If it slowly "ramps up" to full brightness over a second or two, then it IS a SoftStart module, and you don't need to change it in AHP.

You should avoid mixing SoftStart and non-SoftStart modules on the same HouseCode/UnitCode combination. AHP gets confused, and might not operate your lights properly.

evadorev

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 04:21:19 PM »

thank you buddies !!!

I`ll try and and keep you in touch. I only have 2-3 old modules and only one who`s a WS467 the others are WS12A and lamp modules

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 10:08:53 AM »

thank you buddies !!!

I`ll try and and keep you in touch. I only have 2-3 old modules and only one who`s a WS467 the others are WS12A and lamp modules

The lamp modules have the same issue. The newer ones have SoftStart, and the older ones don't. The same test (how quickly does it turn on?) will tell you which ones are which.

evadorev

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 12:36:46 PM »

I`ve upadted to 3.318, modified all my modules definition as specified by NOAM and reprogram everything. I`ll see tonight if it works or not. For now i can tell my macros doesn`t work but i`m not sure if it`s the motion sensor or AHP

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 12:45:34 PM »

I`ve upadted to 3.318, modified all my modules definition as specified by NOAM and reprogram everything. I`ll see tonight if it works or not. For now i can tell my macros doesn`t work but i`m not sure if it`s the motion sensor or AHP
Can you manually operate the lights from the AHP software?
If you manually trigger the macros from the AHP software (which ignores any conditions), do the macros run and do the correct steps?

evadorev

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 06:47:03 PM »

I begin to be a bit tired of that situation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  B:(

I have only one macro who receive B1 ON from a motion sensor and transmit A16 on and B1 off who transmit A16 Off

I receive the motion sensor signal on the activity monitor and on the AHP interface but nothing works on the module. I try to change the module definition and it doesn`t make any difference (older vs new).

BTW the upgrade was made in a snap but it doesn`t change anything for the timers and WS12A who still refuse to turn on but they all turn off properly.

I don`t want to trash`em down but i ran out of ideas to make it works.

evadorev

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 10:37:20 AM »

little update about my concern:

The macro finally works by changing module defintion for the older series  but the WS12A don`t. I just change my module definition for basic lamp module to see if it will change anything.

I`ll keep you in touch
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.