Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: timers and ws12a not working  (Read 7608 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: timers and ws12a not working
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »

The WS12 is listed in the Older Lamps (no SoftStart) section of 3.318.  Did you change it?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 07:10:27 PM »

The WS12 is listed in the Older Lamps (no SoftStart) section of 3.318.  Did you change it?
This is actually in the bug list (see my signature for the link). Despite the WS12 being designed specifically for florescent lights, and only being on/off (not dimming), AHP sends it Extended Dim commands, unless it is defined using the "Old Lamps" category. Changing that definition should fix the issue for you.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 07:22:48 PM »

WS12A is a dimmer switch not for CFLs. Later ones have Soft Start from what the X10 wiki indicates.
WS13A is a relay type for CFLs and Inductive loads and needs a Neutral power connection.
I did see in the Bug List the WS13A sending Extended Commands in error from the Lamps Tab.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 07:35:54 PM by Brian H »

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 09:58:25 PM »

WS12A is a dimmer switch not for CFLs. Later ones have Soft Start from what the X10 wiki indicates.
WS13A is a relay type for CFLs and Inductive loads and needs a Neutral power connection.
I did see in the Bug List the WS13A sending Extended Commands in error from the Lamps Tab.
Oops - my mistake.

evadorev

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 10:02:19 AM »

My WS12A is the dimming ones with soft start as brian said before.

Everything is back as it was before the upgrade : Everything works except The WS12A, the macro works (the bug was my patience!!!).

I change the module definition for older lamp module wich, i think , is the most basic one and it doesn`t work.

The key to my problem is to understand the difference between the transmission (on the power line) of the remotes and the transmission of the timers. It will explain why it`doesn`t work with timers but works perfectly with all the remotes.  I`m sure there is a diiference between these two`s. by the mean time, it will give an answer to one of my other question: why, if you make a all units off command with a remote, every light turn off at the same time and, if you do it via AHP, they turn off in sequence.

I don`t know if someone at the X10 tech support or conception, will see this post, it can be helpful for a lot of people to understand this difference.

I love to understand the basic principles of things, it gives a better knowledge of how things works. In this case, i don`t understand, that drives me crazy.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 10:07:53 AM by evadorev »
Mary had a little lamp, little lamp, controlled by X10 !!!! (kid song!!)

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 01:28:14 PM »

What does the Activity Monitor show you when the timer triggers, versus when you turn that light on manually from the software?

Look in your AHP configuration, on the "Macro" tab, for a setting called "Issue 'On' in place of 'Bright 100' ".
check that box, and see if it makes a difference.

Check the Activity Monitor again (after making the change), and see if anything is different.

evadorev

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 09:23:33 PM »

It shows me exactly the same thing:

(time and date)  Macro A8 Extended code Bright/Dim 100% (Lumieres avant)

The box in macro options is already checked so i don`t see if there`s any difference.

I made a few short timers to check for that and for the first time IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
don`t ask me what i do for that, i don`t know. I let it run to see if it`s reliable or not.

The only different thing is my computer is connected to the interface during the execution of the timers.
I`m very sure that i download them before.

I will download a short timer and disconnect the PC to see if it makes`em work

Hope it will be reliable  
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:32:00 PM by evadorev »

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »

It shows me exactly the same thing:

(time and date)  Macro A8 Extended code Bright/Dim 100% (Lumieres avant)

The box in macro options is already checked so i don`t see if there`s any difference.

I made a few short timers to check for that and for the first time IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
don`t ask me what i do for that, i don`t know. I let it run to see if it`s reliable or not.

The only different thing is my computer is connected to the interface during the execution of the timers.
I`m very sure that i download them before.

I will download a short timer and disconnect the PC to see if it makes`em work

Hope it will be reliable 
Once possibility I can think of is that the timers might not be set to "store in interface." If they are set to "Run From PC," then they won't work if you disconnect the CM15A. Of course, you also need to keep the CM15A connected to the PC (and the Pc turned on) in order to get any logging.
another possibility is that your time and date are not being set correctly in the CM15A, or the CM15A's time is drifting (that was reported in a number of cases where the power cycles might be off a bit. When the CM15A is connected to a running PC, the time is synced every two hours (the timer is reset when the Pc is booted up, and every time you sync the CM15A with AHP.

evadorev

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 04:18:09 PM »

It works perfectly since last evening. I don`t know how and i don`t trace what`s happen exactly.

The only thing, i think, it`s the first initalization of the module can influence the rest. The only thing i do to make them  work is to send multiple command with extended codes before trying to program the timers and it works.

it pisses me off not knowing what i`m doing but it works

CASE CLOSED

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 08:47:07 PM »

The WS12 appears both in the Lamps and in the the Older Lamps (no SoftStart) sections , you will have to try both and see which one is what you need.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

evadorev

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 12:41:40 PM »

i take the one in the new category (with softstart)
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.