Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Newbie Looking for help  (Read 10675 times)

Slick

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Newbie Looking for help
« on: January 25, 2012, 04:48:22 PM »

I have had a Protector Plus security system for years. I also have Active Home Pro software but have not used it much. I just purchased the new AirSight IP camera and the AHP security add-on. The AirSight has a wired input that will start recording when the input is closed. I want something to close that contact when my alarm system is triggered so that I can record what is happening. I asked the X10 folks if I could use the AHP w/security to turn on an appliance module when the alarm is triggered and they said yes. I am planning to use a 110v 8 pin relay plugged into the appliance module (with a night light to make it work) to activate the camera record. I chose the AirSight camera because I want to add 2 more cameras and have all of them record at the same time.
Can someone please help me write a smart macro that will trigger the appliance module when the alarm triggers. All I can find is Arm Home or Arm Away commands in the AHP.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Newbie Looking for help
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 05:07:55 PM »

AHP doesn't have a trigger for alarm trips.
However I wrote a small app that watches for the allon alloff signals and will send a regular x10 signal that AHP can see.
You could also just set that address to the one your camera is set to.
The program is X10SW and can be found in the AHP thirdparty software section.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 05:29:14 PM »

I have had a Protector Plus security system for years. I also have Active Home Pro software but have not used it much. I just purchased the new AirSight IP camera and the AHP security add-on. The AirSight has a wired input that will start recording when the input is closed. I want something to close that contact when my alarm system is triggered so that I can record what is happening. I asked the X10 folks if I could use the AHP w/security to turn on an appliance module when the alarm is triggered and they said yes. I am planning to use a 110v 8 pin relay plugged into the appliance module (with a night light to make it work) to activate the camera record. I chose the AirSight camera because I want to add 2 more cameras and have all of them record at the same time.
Can someone please help me write a smart macro that will trigger the appliance module when the alarm triggers. All I can find is Arm Home or Arm Away commands in the AHP.

I would recommend Tuicemens software and it might be easier to have the camera connected to a universal module that can be triggered by an x10 address for contact closure and start the recording.  This could be triggered by tuicemens software

>! Ken

Slick

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 09:16:02 PM »

Thank you both for the help!  I will get the app. I had also considered using a Universal Module. I will get one of those also.

Slick

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 08:30:55 PM »

Got the X10SW program installed and it is seeing the All lights ON/Off from the alarm system. However, I can't figure out how to write a smart macro to turn on a universal module or appliance module. I hate being so stupid but can you guys show me how to write the macro. Also where can I find some advanced information on writing an AHP macro. I can program Allen Bradley PLC's but I can's seem to figure out the commands you guys are using in AHP. I can only fine simple commands on the right side to drag into a macro.  B:(

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 08:46:12 PM »

YOu shouldn't even need to use AHP if you look at the bottonm area of the x10sw setup screen there is a section that says recieving on set that to the code that you want it to respond to and then right next to it there is a set of drop down boxes that are labeled sends x10 set these to the house code that the universal module is on and save it this should take car of it.  If that doesn't do it hopefully tuicemen will chime in and help.  I stopped using AHP awhile ago and move on to Ihouse so I'm not sure of the macro stuff on that end

>! Ken

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 09:14:29 PM »

Kenrad is right you shouldn't need to write a macro.
However it sounds like you don't have the smartmacro plugin which is needed for advanced macro creation.
You could also check out the X10wiki for info on macros.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 05:25:50 PM »

AHP doesn't have a trigger for alarm trips.
However I wrote a small app that watches for the allon alloff signals and will send a regular x10 signal that AHP can see.
You could also just set that address to the one your camera is set to.
The program is X10SW and can be found in the AHP thirdparty software section.
 >!

Hay Tuice I'm impressed I'll have to check that out to. Thanks      >!

Tom

Slick

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 09:40:42 PM »

YOu shouldn't even need to use AHP if you look at the bottonm area of the x10sw setup screen there is a section that says recieving on set that to the code that you want it to respond to and then right next to it there is a set of drop down boxes that are labeled sends x10 set these to the house code that the universal module is on and save it this should take car of it.  If that doesn't do it hopefully tuicemen will chime in and help.  I stopped using AHP awhile ago and move on to Ihouse so I'm not sure of the macro stuff on that end

>! Ken
I still cannot get this to work. My security console in set to housecode A. I have lamp modules controlling security lights on A1, A2 and A3. I was planning to use A4 for my camera trigger. I have set the SW Security consol House code to A. The bottom section of the SW setup screen says it is not for signals from the security console. Where do I set my A4 for a Universal Module?

mareh

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 01:12:31 PM »

i just orderd a securilink package and i wanted to know if two consoles can be link to the same sensor because ill like to put two of that them in my home?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 03:53:42 PM »

I just tested my SC1200 and its older sibling. A Radio Shack 49-1000MC.
Yes you can add the same sensor to both consoles. Remotes also.

There are a few things you may want to consider.
If the sensor is in an area where one of the consoles has a weak signal. One console may indicate a trouble zone if it didn't receive the periodic check in messages.

When an alarm is triggered they send X10 power line On and Off signals to flash lights.
When armed they send an X10 On and Off to indicate they are armed. The consoles are not polite and in some settings. The power line signal may step on each other and corrupt the signals to the X10 modules.

I would also only have one of them connected to a phone line. If both trigger and try and dial out. Unpredictable things could happen.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:43:34 PM by Brian H »

mareh

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 12:03:01 PM »

Hey Brian h,

thanks for the help, Also my house is all solid concrete do you think the console will be able to pick up the window sensors signal well.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »

Do you know if you kit had DS10A or the DS12A Door/Window Sensors?
I think it is DS10A but thought I would verify. My kit came with the DS12As.
Both DS10A and DS12A sensors work with the console. Same for the Motion Sensors. MS10A and MS18A will work with the console.

I don't know how well they will work with concrete in the home.
You may want to do a search for sensor problems or sensor distances. I know some have reported poor range with the SC1200.

If you do try two consoles. Using the local Arm and Disarm Buttons. Only that one is affected.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:28:39 PM by Brian H »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 03:14:09 PM »

Concrete isn't the problem.
 It is the reinforcing rod or steal mesh used, large steel objects in way of a direct line of sight will affect range of RF signals.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mareh

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 02:06:32 AM »

thanks guys ill give it a shot. hope it works well.  :-\
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.