Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airpad7P with ICS Does your's work well?  (Read 5952 times)

jacksonsk01

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airpad7P with ICS Does your's work well?
« on: January 28, 2012, 10:58:47 AM »

I just received my Airpad7P with ICS and had high expectations for a successful tablet experience.  Unfortunately it started out badly and went downhill from there, and I want to know whether it was this tablet or is a systemic problem.  If it was this one tablet, I'll go for an exchange.  If it seems like this is common, I'll ask for a refund, so I'd appreciate any input anyone can offer.

From the get go, it was flaky.  I'd go to the Apps page and it would jump back to the home screen with no help from me.  If I was able to get it to stay at the Apps page I could open an app, like Settings, but the app would quickly close most of the time and go back to the App main screen.  I did manage to get the date and time set finally and connect to my wi-fi network and download a few apps, but those apps almost always stopped in the middle of running and sent me back to the home screen.

I got frustrated enough that I managed after several tries to get to the Setttings screen and do a factory reset.  Things seemed to go better then for a while.

It was still pretty flaky and then, after shutting it down for a while and coming back to use it, I can't turn it on anymore.  It says "Unfortunately, Launcher is not working".  No amount of resets or anything else will revive it.

I'd like to hear from some other users of the AP7P with ICS how it's working for.

Thanks.

Techananda

Re: Airpad7P with ICS Does your's work well?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 04:05:36 PM »

Unfortunately, you've detailed exactly what my Airpad7P with ICS does and how it's acting.  I've had it for 3 days, and it fully charged it before using it.

Basically, it's not stable.  The browser only stays open for about 15 seconds before tossing me back to the home screen.  Settings don't get applied, and the settings program itself blows up after 10-20 seconds.  If you open anything and don't continually press keys, the app/feature/settings will toss you back to the home screen.

I came to this forum to find out the same thing, if it was just this one pad or if others had the same problem.  OR, if this was a known issue and had a fix or workaround.

As it is now, it's unusable.  My Android 2.2 smartphone gives me a better experience (on a smaller screen) than this Airpad.

I had serious doubts about buying an unknown tablet brand (to me, that is) model from a vendor not known for computer/tablet sales.  Now I have a sinking feeling that 'it seemed too good to be true'.

localuser

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 06:33:35 PM »

Yes, I have the same experience with my Airpad 7p and ics.  Some apps will stay open longer than others.   Also I can't get a keyboard to work on it.  If I plug in mouse it works fine, but nothing when I plug in a keyboard.

General rule of thumb is to avoid any android OS ending a zero and this is Android 4.0.  Whenever android 4.1, 4.2, etc is released it will be better.  Really just have two forces working against you on this one.  Android 4 is not stable and the Airpad just doesn't have quite enough power and memory.  All of the other android 4 systems on the market are running on multi-core systems.

Thats just my 2 cents.

Techananda

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 08:10:34 PM »

Has anyone returned their Airpad7P yet?  I am about to, because it's not getting any better (not that I expected to).

I called support today to find out what if anything could be done about the problems, and was told they're only open until 3PM my time.

Sweet...  #:)

ntx10

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 04:56:37 PM »

If if isn't too late I would return it.  It is for me so I'll keep it and play on it.  I wonder if ICS will crash my original the way it seems to be happening in this thread.  I just posted a question to ask that.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 05:43:09 PM »

Hopefully X10 will supply directions or a way to revert should the conversion not take! ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jtashiro

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 05:42:32 PM »

Yes, have been using for 2 weeks now and enjoy it.  You get what you pay for, and at the price, you can't expect to have speed of the higher prices tablets.  But for the money, I think it's good value as an e-reader, browser, pic and movie viewer and email reader/editor. 

It will really depend on X10 Investment and Support long-term to really measure the long-term value for this. 

Frankly, I don't see X10 driving regular software enhancements here.  I would expect this to be a hardware play, with more and different versions of Airpads arriving on the scene every 6 months-ish.  Thats how you will upgrade ... buy a new Airpad and transfer all your old stuff to the new device.  Watch your email inbox get flooded.

johnnylately

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 06:58:24 PM »

I bought a 7P with ICS for my wife's birthday.  It won't see my wireless network at home.  Lots of troubleshooting, still not working.  I have an older Airpad (about 4 months old) that works fine.  If I can't get it working I may be returning it.   :(

I don't think I like the ICS menus and screens, probably having to adjust from 2 Android phones and the older Airpad.

johnnylately

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 08:50:34 PM »

Well, I found out the problem and solution.  It seems that the Airpad 7P and/or ICS REQUIRES the SSID to be broadcast in order to connect.  Since I have never set my WiFi to broadcast the SSID and the older Airpad works OK that was the last thing I knew to try before returning the tablet.  So my wife will be getting the Airpad for her birthday after all.

cwg

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 08:01:31 PM »

I have had mine for about a week. It seems to work well for what it is. I have downloaded apps although some do not appear to work correctly, most have been ok. My biggest problem has been that I cannot get Adobe flash to work. I have tried with the preloaded 11 version and have gone back to the 10.2 version which was suggested in other forums, but nothing has worked. The youtube app works fine. Skype works but the video is of poor quality. All in all for the money it is OK. We will see how long it lasts

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 08:44:11 PM »

cwg,
The only version of Flash compatible with ICS is 11.1. Versions 11.01 and 10.3 do not work on ICS.  You stated that you have version 11, but is it 11.1 or 11.01?
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

cwg

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 09:34:33 AM »

I have 11.1 installed. All that I get is a little blue cube. Any other suggestions?

daldude

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 02:45:13 PM »

Are all these problems still happening with the 7p and ICS? The Crashing of the Browser and the Flash Video problems?  ???

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.