Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Securilink Back???  (Read 7389 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Securilink Back???
« on: January 28, 2012, 04:46:56 PM »

Hay just saw this unit back in stock so maybe x10's demise was premature?  :)% Now I was just wondering Hoping that that did or made some fixes before reintroducing it.  Anybody know if there has been any changes or is this just basically the same unit. If it is guess things haven't changed with x10. Well I'll Glad they are back anyway I would of really missed them. And now I don't have t worry about hording those little blue boxes anymore.

Tom

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Securilink Back???
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 05:14:26 PM »

From the X10 site : Get Your 7-piece SecuriLink Home Security System Now, $99.99!
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 06:12:11 PM »

I also saw it was back and the $99.99 is for a smaller kit. Less sensors. LM15A in place of a LM465.

The legal stuff in the small print at the bottom of the page is now also changed.
Warranty 90 Day repair or replacement. 15% restocking fee for nondefective returns.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 06:31:40 PM by Brian H »

tom j

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 02:56:21 AM »

I also saw it was back and the $99.99 is for a smaller kit. Less sensors. LM15A in place of a LM465.

The legal stuff in the small print at the bottom of the page is now also changed.
Warranty 90 Day repair or replacement. 15% restocking fee for nondefective returns.

Say really glad you pointed that out didn't see that. Have they reduced the warranties for all their products and how about extended warranties do they still offer them and I really don't like the restocking fees will probably buy most of my stiff from eBay were there's no restocking fees, although I actually never return hardly anything. Thanks for the heads up on this Brian.

Tom j.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 06:01:32 AM »

It looks like the warranty and return policy's, vary depending on the product.
It is best to read the sales page for exact details for each item you are looking at.
I don't know about Extended warranties but they don't appear to be available anymore.

tom j

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 01:13:29 PM »

It looks like the warranty and return policy's, vary depending on the product.
It is best to read the sales page for exact details for each item you are looking at.
I don't know about Extended warranties but they don't appear to be available anymore.

Hmm man that's no good not happy about that that's why I would buy this Chinese stuff because of the warranty and to X10 credit I really seldom had to actually return something but it just good to know the warranty was there just in case. And what about that Securilink think they addressed any of the compatibility issues?  Thanks!!

Tom
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:20:52 PM by tom j »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 01:20:39 PM »

I have not see any posts on changes to the SecuriLink and I kind of doubt it.
Things like the PowerHorns. Would have to have the sending two light codes On and Off changed to an All Lights On, All Units Off. For all Powerhorn versions to work correctly.

tom j

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 01:24:43 PM »

I have not see any posts on changes to the SecuriLink and I kind of doubt it.
Things like the PowerHorns. Would have to have the sending two light codes On and Off changed to an All Lights On, All Units Off. For all Powerhorn versions to work correctly.

Really would be nice if they would address that. I would buy one as a backup if they did. Didn't you purchase one and report compatibility issues with the Powerhorns? Whats the best I could hope for with a mixture of different Powerhorns Thanks again!

Tom

tom j

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 03:03:19 PM »

Say Brian this is what I found on the warranty page, really confused as to their policy now.  ???

Tom

X10 WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY INCORPORATED ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
X10 Wireless Technology Incorporated warrants X10 products to be free from defective material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase. X10 WTI agrees to repair or replace, at its sole discretion, a defective X10 product if returned to X10 WTI within the warranty period and accompanied by proof of purchase. This warranty does not extend to any X10 WTI products which have been subject to misuse, neglect, accident, incorrect wiring or to use in violation of operating instructions furnished by us, nor extend to any units altered or repaired for warranty defect by anyone other than X10 WTI. Items that are not branded as X10, must be returned directly to the manufacturer for repair or replacement. This warranty does not cover any incidental or consequential damages and is in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied and no representative or person is authorized to assume for us any other liability in connection with the sale of our products. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, and/or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to the original CUSTOMER. This warranty gives you specific rights and you may also have other rights, which vary, from state to state. If you have any questions concerning this warranty call (800) 675-3044.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 04:10:56 PM »

Read the Policy Part above it.

You will see exceptions in the Policy Part and I believe the lower part of the screen is definitely confusing. As all merchandise is not warranted for a year. Like the LM15A is now 90 days.
As time goes on I expect the shorter warranty list to grow and the one year list to shrink.

My best recommendation is. Read the legal stuff on the each sales page. You may or may not be getting the old one year warranty anymore.

http://www.x10.com/support/return_policy.htm
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 06:44:40 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.