Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Activehome won't turn lights on  (Read 8259 times)

Missouri Bound

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Activehome won't turn lights on
« on: January 30, 2012, 10:10:21 PM »

I've been an ActiveHome user for several years with little problems or difficulty.  The device will not respond to direct programming commands and haquit turning on devices.  However if I turn things on manually or with the remote, the controller will turn them off at programmed times....any idea what could be the issue? B:(

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Activehome won't turn lights on
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 10:24:09 PM »

I've been an ActiveHome user for several years with little problems or difficulty.  The device will not respond to direct programming commands and haquit turning on devices.  However if I turn things on manually or with the remote, the controller will turn them off at programmed times....any idea what could be the issue? B:(
Are you talking about ActiveHome, or ActiveHomePro?
Do you have the CM15A, CM11A, or CM19A?

Have you recently updated the software?
Have you recently changed the bulbs to CFLs?

Missouri Bound

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 11:38:34 PM »

I am using ActiveHome Pro, I am using the CM15A controller.  I have not used any CFL with any of the light modules, but I have with appliance modules.  When this began, I uninstalled the program and re-installed it...that didn't help.  I will try again to reload the software ASAP

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 12:54:32 PM »

What version of AHP?   Are your modules properly correct?  How many and what types?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Missouri Bound

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 02:25:19 PM »

Version SW31A...What does "properly correct" mean?  And I have lamp modules for the most part, GE...IBM...and even some Magnavox.  I also have one appliance module.  Keep in mind that all of the equuipment was working and I began to notice that some of the modules were not turning on and I would have to override them with the switch or with the remote control.  The units STILL turn off with the computer program.  Now if I open the ActiveHome program and try to turn on any module...I cannot.  However if a module is on I can turn it off with the ActiveHome control screen. B:(

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 02:54:08 PM »

We need the AHP revision number.
Like 3.318. Should be displayed on the start up screen or the help tab about choice.
Later revisions of AHP added support for the newer soft start modules and if you have old ones. You have to redefine them from the Older Lamps (Before Soft Start) list or they don't work correctly. As the soft start ones use extended X10 commands the old ones do not understand.

Missouri Bound

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 10:06:44 PM »

Version 3.318 is the version I am using.  Again let me remind you that I haven't added any new modules in at least two years, and until this started happening everything worked fine.  I've downloaded the software on 3 different computers with the same result.   B:(

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 10:42:18 PM »

Could a Smart Meter just be installed?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Missouri Bound

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 10:47:33 PM »

It appears that the "soft start" issue was causing the problem.  I have edited the modules and so far so good.  I'll know by this time tomorrow.

Rodneyiren

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 01:12:43 AM »

Timed home automation routines are great for the holidays! Set up your home automation system for amazing timed holiday lighting displays - you'll be the most impressive house on the block!  >!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.