Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Screen Rotation Problem  (Read 5672 times)

bigbear639

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Screen Rotation Problem
« on: February 01, 2012, 01:33:27 PM »

I prefer using the Landscape screen, however when I move just a little bit it goes into portrait mode. Also when I uncheck the Allow rotation it stays in portrait mode but upside down or goes to Landscape upside down. Is there some setting that I am missing? This is a real pain as the only way to get back to normal is to restart. The 7" does not have the same problem.

moore_tr

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: Screen Rotation Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 04:38:33 PM »

Hey Bigbear - I had the same issue when I loaded a custom ROM and loaded the wrong kernel - if you load up a 3n kernel on a 2n device (which is what the Airpad X I have is), or a H0 kernel instead of the H1, it won't work correctly.  Check your serial # on the barcode that's on the device (the opposite end of the tablet from where the buttons and USB ports are) - It should read something like: Model:ZT280H12NC91M512F8 - the 2N or 3N is significant here.  I'm hearing some folks out there complaining that even though theirs are labeled as 3N, it's really a 2N - the way to tell, is if you load the wrong one, the camera won't work, or you get bizarre behavior like screen orientation being wrong.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:40:07 PM by moore_tr »
User of X10 products for 20 years. 31 years of computer experience from mainframes down to PCs and tablets.  Current user of X10 Airpad X running ICS 4.0.3 @ 900MHz.

bigbear639

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 10:21:57 PM »

Sorry took forever to sign in as the site won't recognize my password which is correct. Pain having to reset it over and over. Anyhow the only numbers on the back are Model CM008, FCC ID: Z9UCM008 Made in China.

I even tried to leave the enable rotation unchecked - no go, checked same issue, The Camera works just fine as does the sound and video. I was able to watch a very old movie with ETH, on computer the pics is smaller and choppy.

Any idea if the Reset in the rear might fix it without losing any downloade and installed Program. I notice that since all these tablets including other brands will not allow installing on other Tablets with some exceptions. They all say ACT10 or something similar identifying each tablet as being the same.

moore_tr

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 11:44:27 PM »

Interesting - I got mine in November 2011, and it's stamped CM005 - I think that's just X10's stamp - the one from the manufacturer is the one with the barcode on it - it's REALLY small print.  What does that one say?
User of X10 products for 20 years. 31 years of computer experience from mainframes down to PCs and tablets.  Current user of X10 Airpad X running ICS 4.0.3 @ 900MHz.

bigbear639

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 01:08:35 AM »

There is no bar code anywhere on the Tablet one on the box says Airpad XL 99081 32308 Even with a microscope no other print except for the Buttons on top and side.

gjf

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 06:45:00 AM »

When holding the airpadX in landscape, with screen facing you, buttons and connections to right, the barcode sticker should be on the bottom left on the edge of the AirpadX.

GJF

bigbear639

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 12:43:03 PM »

It has no bar code sticker and I did not remove any, sorry, the only way may be to reset the Tablet if that does not make me lose any installed aps, does anyone know if that can be done?

gjf

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 01:13:14 PM »

If your FCC id is a CM008, then your AirpadX is different, and its manufacturer is Ployer and their model number is a MOMO15

GJF

gjf

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 01:28:07 PM »

Sorry not FCC id but Model number for previous post

GJF

moore_tr

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 01:50:27 PM »

Sounds like gjf is right - you got the new AirpadXL - on the outside, it still looks like a Zenithink tab, but instead of ARMv7 cortex a9 processor, it's ARM10 Cortex A8 - let me know how this works out for you - I might be influenced to part with a little cash for the dual HDMI output....sounds like it'll play HD video *AND* keep the display on.  My AirpadX will only do one or the other, but not both.

gjf

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 02:10:05 PM »

moore_tr
I might get a new AirpadXL also if it is stable.
By and by which "mainframes" mine were DEC

GJF

moore_tr

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 09:37:21 PM »

Dec, tandem and tolerant systems....tolerant died on the vine, but it was an education in MP unix.  I also worked on AT&T 3B2000, 3B15, and 3B5, various x86 versions, and many, many versions of linux.  RedHat, SuSE, Ubuntu, and a few other obscure flavors.  I'm currently working on getting my Ubuntu system to compile kernels for android....hence my absence.  I have ICS compiling just fine, but getting the uboot stuff working is proving to be more difficult than I expected.  -Tom

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.