Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Original Airpad 7 and IceCreamSandwich  (Read 55144 times)

ntx10

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Original Airpad 7 and IceCreamSandwich
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2012, 05:34:26 PM »

I am giving it up, my last purchase from X10 was the $200, a couple of weeks later, $160 tablet that is a great e-Reader.  WiFi is not stable, battery drains quick when Wifi does work.

I had an issue with mine after just a couple of weeks, within the return for refund window.  I got the RMA, returned the unit and was surprised when another one showed up.  I called up and ask to return this new one but was told that it was outside of the return for refund window.  They were sorry I had asked for a refund and got an exchange but tough cookies, in X10's world the customer is never right.

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2012, 06:11:19 PM »

Yeah my Wifi gives me "Error" ALL the time, and I have to reboot to get it to work, I WAS debating on sending it back, but it is going back now, just too many things happening.

DemDave

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2012, 06:27:01 PM »

FWIW, I still plan to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I'd recommend taking a few minutes to do it yourselves.

They've had 95 BBB complaints closed in the last year. That certainly seems like quite a few for a relatively small company. Here's a link to the details (for as long as they'll allow it to stay up):
http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/surveillance-equipment-sales-and-service/x10-wireless-technology-in-renton-wa-78000149

I intend to bring up two important problems. First, they didn't tell me at checkout that the product was out of stock, then billed my credit card for a product that took over a month to ship with no updates along the way. And then there's this problem with not delivering on their guarantees/promises.

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2012, 09:37:02 PM »

The new Nexus 7 from Google looks pretty good. Google will always keep the latest OS available.
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 08:41:17 AM »

Like many others that have posted here (and probably many who haven't) I am eager to see an ICS upgrade for the original Airpad 7. I have been following this thread for many months and, although 'X10 Repair Depot' has tried to keep us informed, the posts seemed to have stopped over the last couple of months.

Yes, gingerbread is 99% stable on the OA7 but the early adopters were promised upgrades when we purchased our devices. It has been highlighted before by others in this thread, but please can you keep to your promise and provide the services as advertised.

We fully understand that you have a dependancy on the manufacturer but at least provide us with an update in this thread on a regular basis (twice a month?) to keep us informed. Even if it's a quick note to say 'We've not forgotten you but there is no progress yet!'

I am a long time X10 customer and always recommend your automation products to friends and family. Please don't allow this minor issue to diminish my respect for your excellent company, products and services.

Thank you.

Reignman,
I have not heard any updates since my last post. ICS is still being worked on by the manufacturer and as soon as I hear an update I will let everybody know.

All,
We still intend to release ICS for the original airpad, but as I said earlier, we are waiting for work to be done by other companies that we do not have control over. We have been told that this work is being done, but it is taking longer than expected. Secondly, it is not like this device is the last device that has not had an ICS update yet. My son's relatively high end smartphone, the HTC Rezound, still is running Gingerbread with an ICS update promised. Both HTC and Verizon are a bit bigger than X10. If it can take these companies 7+ months to release an update, it is certainly reasonable that it will take the tablet's manufacturer as long or longer.

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2012, 09:54:06 AM »

Like many others that have posted here (and probably many who haven't) I am eager to see an ICS upgrade for the original Airpad 7. I have been following this thread for many months and, although 'X10 Repair Depot' has tried to keep us informed, the posts seemed to have stopped over the last couple of months.

Yes, gingerbread is 99% stable on the OA7 but the early adopters were promised upgrades when we purchased our devices. It has been highlighted before by others in this thread, but please can you keep to your promise and provide the services as advertised.

We fully understand that you have a dependancy on the manufacturer but at least provide us with an update in this thread on a regular basis (twice a month?) to keep us informed. Even if it's a quick note to say 'We've not forgotten you but there is no progress yet!'

I am a long time X10 customer and always recommend your automation products to friends and family. Please don't allow this minor issue to diminish my respect for your excellent company, products and services.

Thank you.

Reignman,
I have not heard any updates since my last post. ICS is still being worked on by the manufacturer and as soon as I hear an update I will let everybody know.

All,
We still intend to release ICS for the original airpad, but as I said earlier, we are waiting for work to be done by other companies that we do not have control over. We have been told that this work is being done, but it is taking longer than expected. Secondly, it is not like this device is the last device that has not had an ICS update yet. My son's relatively high end smartphone, the HTC Rezound, still is running Gingerbread with an ICS update promised. Both HTC and Verizon are a bit bigger than X10. If it can take these companies 7+ months to release an update, it is certainly reasonable that it will take the tablet's manufacturer as long or longer.

How about releasing the code, at least then, we could get some dev's on it.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2012, 11:42:07 AM »

We do not own the code.

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2012, 12:18:56 PM »

We do not own the code.

Who can we contact to get the source released?

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »

We do not own the code.

I suppose you could try the manufacturer (Zizpo), but I think that would be a long shot.

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2012, 02:01:43 PM »

We do not own the code.

I suppose you could try the manufacturer (Zizpo), but I think that would be a long shot.

What would be the model number for Zizpo?

kidgadget

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2012, 08:34:00 AM »

Any news regarding ICS for the original AirPads? It has been a long time since we had any.Information would be greatly appreciated by all the early adopters.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2012, 01:27:32 AM »

I no longer even see tablets in the catalog. I am using my tablet more all the time. From viewing cameras..... to even this post.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2012, 06:17:20 AM »

Even the few tablets listed in the 'Certified Like New' section of the sales web site appear to be all gone.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2012, 01:55:07 PM »

Mine is actually a Visual Land brand..... but I think the same. They have an active  Web Site.... by the same name. (This posted using the tablet, from the doctors office).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

kidgadget

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2012, 06:41:33 PM »

One month later, again I ask :Any news regarding ICS for the original AirPads? It has been a long time since we had any.Information would be greatly appreciated by all the early adopters.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.