Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Timer Doesn't turn on lights  (Read 2530 times)

millerw

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Timer Doesn't turn on lights
« on: March 02, 2012, 10:28:44 PM »

I know that X10 and AHP is flaky, but this makes no sense.  I'm trying to turn on 3 lights in the evening.  Set up timers, everything works, except one light won't come on.  So I read the posts, did all of the possible fixes (cleared timer, emptied the trash, started over with a new program, disconnected the CM15A from the computer, moved it to various wall outlets, clicked the box to store timers in the interface, asked for repeats, etc., etc.)  Decided to set up the three lights on the same code just to make it easy.  When I ask the software in AHP to turn on the lights, they all turn on.  When I use the remote, all three lights come on.  Set up the timer, download the code, turned off the computer, moved the CM15A, the timer does its thing and turns on one light.  Other two don't come on.  I assume the CM15A sends the same signal through the wiring if the software comands an ON, if the remote comands an ON, or if the timer commands on ON.  Why does only one light come on when the timer makes the request.  And if I turn on the other 2 manually, the timer is able to turn all three off.  Totally stumped.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Timer Doesn't turn on lights
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 11:18:06 AM »

OK, what version of AHP are you using? Types of modules.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 04:55:33 PM »

So I read the posts, did all of the possible fixes    And if I turn on the other 2 manually, the timer is able to turn all three off.  Totally stumped.
Search "Soft Start modules AHP". You must have old and new modules and AHP 3.316 or later
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

millerw

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 09:29:51 PM »

After posting this, I read the article by "boiler" concerning soft start modules.  Finally figured out that I have some of both!!!  Who knew?  So when I code the soft start ones via the LM-14a code, they work, and then use the legacy WS467 code to talk to the old ones, everything works.  Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:46:55 AM »

Bewer versions of AHP allows you to keep the modules identified under their true model number (no need to re-identify as LM14As) but to further identify the module as an old "instant on" module or a newer "SoftStart".Once AHP knows whether SoftStart" or not, it can send the prpoer "ON" command.  Sorry, I don't use AHP anymore so can't tell you what version that is, but am sure that was why Dan is asking.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.