Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Motion Detector MS14A won't shut off in night only mode  (Read 1862 times)

bruberg

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Motion Detector MS14A won't shut off in night only mode
« on: March 19, 2012, 11:19:10 AM »

Been messing with this for a couple of days off and on, (no pun intended). Tried two different detectors same results. (MS14A) Operation works perfect when detector is set to operate at all times. Day or night. Change to nightime only, and lights will come on but not shut off. Change back to operate at all times, works perfect.
Thanks ahead of time for replies.

Alan V

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
Re: Motion Detector MS14A won't shut off in night only mode
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 11:48:06 AM »

Can the MS14A "see" the light that it's controlling?  If so, then when the light is turned on, the sensor thinks that it is daylight and won't turn the light back off.  It's been a while since I played with those motion detectors, but this seems like a possibility.

bruberg

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Motion Detector MS14A won't shut off in night only mode
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 03:17:35 PM »

Thanks for the reply. It's a possibility that it see's my floodlights but I would think it would do an automatic timeout until next motion is detected. How do store bought motion detecting floods work with detector right in line with the floodlight beam ?? What good would it do placing the detector in the front of the house to have backyard lights come on ? Not being smart here, just looking for cure. Thanks Again !!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.