Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A Timer does not turn light On or Off  (Read 4632 times)

Daryl21

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A Timer does not turn light On or Off
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:56:28 PM »

I began with a WS12 (set to A1) and a WS14 Companion switch. This combination turns my outside light On and Off.
Next I added a TM751 and used a KR22A to remotely dim and turn the Outside switch On and Off. WORKED FINE!

Now I have replaced the TM751 with a CM15A. Remote works just like the TM751.

MY GOAL: Is to use the timer functions to turn ON my driveway light at Dusk and OFF at Dawn

I have checked the Time and Zone - it is set correctly as is my Computer (Windows 7 Ultimate)
I am using AHP (Ver. 3.318) the latest I can find.
I worked through the AHP Intro tutorials/Wizards that came with AHP and the outside light turned On and OFF while my computer is connected to the TM15A via the USB cable and the WS12 set to (A1)

However, after clearing and re-downloading the timer information into the CM15A and then disconnecting the USB cable, the outside light does not turn Off or On as programmed.
I have programmed the TM15A timer both to : Repeat and Not to Repeat - [Repeat indicates to ActiveHome Pro that the command for this timer should be sent multiple times when it runs. Use this option if you know that sometimes X10 command signals don't get through to your models.] NO HELP!

I'm missing something, but I can not for the life of me figure it out!
The only thing I notice is that using the tutorial/wizard there is a pictorial diagram of the components which includes both the computer and the TM15A as well as the WS12 each component is connected with a "U" shaped connector in series.

My diagram only includes the wall switch WS12A and I can not find any way to add the TM15A in series. I am guessing that is not the issue.
Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: CM15A Timer does not turn light On or Off
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 03:25:10 PM »

Is the WS12A soft start, where it ramps On and Off?
If it is an older one that does not have soft start. Make sure you pick the WS12A from the Old Lamp (before soft start list).
Soft Start models uses an extended X10 message that older ones do not understand.

Daryl21

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 12:49:06 PM »

The WS12 is a "Soft Start" model purchased in late September 2011.
I have set the "Brightness Level" (the slider control found in the Timer Designer) to 100%.
I have also checked the "Store in Interface" checkbox.

Note: I have captured a picture of the Timer Designer window, but I don't see a place to append a file to my post.

Daryl21

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 02:09:38 PM »

Since My last post, I have reconfigured my WS12 as a LM14A (Lamp Module) which has been suggested in other posts.
I set the timer to turn On at 1:50 pm in the afternoon and to turn Off at 1:52 pm.
I left my computer running and the USB cord plugged in to the CM15A.

I went to my driveway and watched my outside light cycle On and back Off two minutes later.
This verified that all clock settings in my computer as well as my AHP program were correct and that the CM15A was working as desired.

Next I cleared the memory of the CM15A and then reloaded a new timer event to turn my light On at Dusk and Off at Dawn.
I double checked that the "Store in Interface checkbox" was checked in the timer designer.

I then shut down my AHP software, shutdown my computer and then disconnected the USB cable.
I then moved my CM15A to a electrical outlet next to the outside light and re tested the WS12 and my KR22 creditcard remote.
Everything worked fine.

However, still no light at Dusk or Off at Dawn.
Any new suggestions?

Daryl21

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 02:23:17 PM »

It looks like Cruiser is having the same issue I am.
My light goes from off to full brightness in about a second or two so I know that the dimmer is working proprely.
I will connect my USB cable back up to my CM15A and watch the Monitor at Dusk today as well.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 03:02:15 PM »

Are you sure that the batteries in your CM15A are good?
If you go into the Hardware Configuration in AHP, does it show a green light next to the battery status?

If the batteries are not good, or for some reason the CM15A isn't running properly on batteries, then unplugging it will clear the memory, and timers won't run.

You should test the CM15A with a "fixed" timer (like the 1:50 PM / 1:52 PM test you did), but DISCONNECTED from the PC.
That might give you some clues to see if it only the dusk/dawn timers that aren't working properly, or all timers.

Also, what is the dusk/dawn resolution set to in AHP? You might try changing it to a higher/lower number of days (at least for testing), and then re-downloading and re-testing.
Check the dusk/dawn times in that list, to make sure they match up with the correct times for your location.
Also, make sure your time zone is correct in Windows. I've seen reports (early on) that having the time zone incorrect, even though the local time is correct, can mess up dawn/dusk timers.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 03:02:34 PM »

If you are using the latest AHP version you should not have to call the switches a LM14A. Any module listed in the Lamp Module tab should already be soft start. If yours where old. Then the Old Lamp (Before Soft Start) list would be used.

Daryl21

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 01:10:02 PM »

Sorry for the delay of my responce, THREE days ago I tested the new configuration (LM14A) using fixed times downloaded to the CM15A On and Off and the outside light worked as programmed. (USB cable connected)

I next(day before yesterday) set the CM15A with the timer program to go on at Dusk and Off at Dawn and also left the USB attached. Outside Light worked as programmed.
Yesterday  I disconnected the CM15A from the USB cable and my program still worked.

I have left my CM15A plugged into the same plug where it was programmed and not moved it back to the garage where my KR22A is to be used to turn on the light from outside the house in my  driveway.

As Noam suggested I have checked the battery indicator (Hardware Configuration in AHP) and even with new batteries, is shows "RED".
I will purchase even newer batteries today (Duracell) and try them.
It looks like that's my Issue at the moment. If the newest battery replacement does not work, I may need to ask for a replacement of my CM15A under warranty.

Do any of you suggest that I set the wall switch back to the WS12A OR LEAVE IT AS IS SINCE IT IS WORKING.
Thank you for your help todate

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 03:42:52 PM »

As Noam suggested I have checked the battery indicator (Hardware Configuration in AHP) and even with new batteries, is shows "RED".
I will purchase even newer batteries today (Duracell) and try them.
It looks like that's my Issue at the moment. If the newest battery replacement does not work, I may need to ask for a replacement of my CM15A under warranty.

First of all, X10 is out of CM15A's, so they won't be able to replace it. They might try to send you a CM15K, which is really a CM19A and a TM751. DO NOT LET THEM DO THAT! - you'll be very sorry.

As for the batteries, there is a "reset counter" or something like that in the Hardware Configuration.
Make sure you are inserting the batteries correctly, and that none of the battery terminals look corroded.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.