Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Light Not Turning on With Macro  (Read 5915 times)

sbw2z

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Light Not Turning on With Macro
« on: February 13, 2012, 06:15:59 PM »

I have an ActiveHome 2-Way Computer Interface (CM15A) and 5 lamp modules (LM465).  I can turn all 5 lights on and off file with the PalmPad Controller (HR12A).  I have created a macro that turns on all the lights and turns off all of the lights.  Everything works fine with the off macro.  But with the on macro, one of my lights will not turn on.

I have tried switching the lamp modules with one of the lamps that works, and I get the same behavior.  I have tried using appliance modules (AM486 & AM466) and get the same behavior.

The only difference between the lamps that I can tell is all of the other 4 lamps fade in and out when they turn on and off with the commands.  This light turns on and off instantly even though the lamps actual switch is a dimmer.  I just have it's dimmer set to max so that I can turn it on and off automatically.

Does anyone know why this lamp might not be turning on with a macro?  I have put it at the beginning of the macro, at the end, at the beginning and end.  Nothing works.  I have created a macro that just turns on this lamp.  That didn't even work.  It's odd that the on command works fine, but if I put the same command in a macro I can't get it to turn on.

Thanks for your help.

Shannon

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Light Not Turning on With Macro
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 06:19:41 PM »

All of your LM465's are Soft-Start and must be in AHP from the Lamps category.  Appliance modules don't dim.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

sbw2z

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 06:28:33 PM »

I am using a LM465.  And it is defined in AHP.  I just tried the appliance modules to see if they made a difference.

I actually don't care if the lamp dims or not.  I just want it to turn on.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 06:51:05 PM »

Did you say all of them are soft start and slowly go On and Off or did you say one is fast?
If one is fast I should be defined from the Old Before Soft Start list and NOT have the same address as the soft start ones.
The lamp it is controlling does not have its own local dimmer switch does it?

sbw2z

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 08:27:58 PM »

I am not actually sure how to define soft and fast start.  But I did observe that the one that doesn't work with the macro --- which is a floor lamp with a built in dimmer switch --- turns on and off fast when I use the remote to issue the direct command for that light.  The other lamps with regular on/off switches fade on and off slowly. 

There is no difference in the way I defined these events in the macro, though.  The off command for this lamp does work with the macro, though.  Just not the on command.

sbw2z

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 08:45:08 PM »

One more note.  The same lamp does not turn on with a timer either.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 09:27:32 PM »

The one lamp that doesn't "fade on and off" is NOT a SoftStart module
THAT one has to be defined using the "Old Lamps - no SoftStart" category, and cannot be on the same HouseCode/UnitCode combination as any of the other modules.
Right-click on that one in AHP, and edit the module. Change the "Lamps" drop-down from "Lamps" to "Old Lamps - no SoftStart"
Once you make that change, it should start working.

sbw2z

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 11:54:46 PM »

That did the trick!  Thanks for the detailed explanation.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.