Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

How to set timers and macros to control my entire home by remote when the PC is off?

The CM15A doesn't have this function
- 0 (0%)
Must be set up correctly
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: AHP - CM15A - TIMERS & MACROS FOR REMOTE CONTROL WHEN THE PC IS OFF  (Read 5474 times)

joaopauloln

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I use CM15A and when my pc is on, i don't have problems, I can control my entire home by remote (other PC and Phone) perfectly :)%.
But  I can't control when my pc is off. I set the timers for a module that i want control, click on the Tools pulldown menu and select "Download Timers and Macros" and check the settings. Then when I turn off the computer, I can't remote control AHP B:(. Do I need set timers for all modules?
What i have to do?! ???
Is there any tutorial settings?

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: AHP - CM15A - TIMERS & MACROS FOR REMOTE CONTROL WHEN THE PC IS OFF
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 11:11:12 AM »

I use CM15A and when my pc is on, i don't have problems, I can control my entire home by remote (other PC and Phone) perfectly :)%.
But  I can't control when my pc is off. I set the timers for a module that i want control, click on the Tools pulldown menu and select "Download Timers and Macros" and check the settings. Then when I turn off the computer, I can't remote control AHP B:(. Do I need set timers for all modules?
What i have to do?! ???
A few questions:
1. Are those timers set to "Store in Interface" or "Run from PC"? If the option is greyed out (and set to "Run from PC"), then that timer or macro contains features that ONLY work when connected to the PC.
2. Are the CM15A's batteries good? Does the Hardware Interface screen show that the batteries are good (if the batteries are good,  but the software doesn't show it, you might have a defective CM15A)?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 11:48:00 AM »

Then when I turn off the computer, I can't remote control AHP B:(.
What do you mean remote control AHP?
You can only communicate with the CM15A via RF and PLC
Your phone won't control it when the PC is shut down.
Have you looked at the AHP wiki: http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/ActiveHome_Pro
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:49:42 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

cmtbiz

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 01:57:47 PM »

joaopauloln, you have the same problem as I do.  The CM15A just suddenly stopped working.  Actually my unit doesn't even can control properly any powerlined X10 modules.  Some told me maybe it was the separated electrical phase in my home.  I tried different outlets and it doesn't do any good.
At some point, it could only TURN OFF but will NOT turn ON any X10 lamp unit. Yes, only OFF will work.

So just last 2 weeks ago sent it back to replacement... and check my other post... I didnt even realized that they will send me a CM19A... which is a PC X10 unit connected via USB.  That you are required to have your computer on.

So.. before you want to send it back for replacement... think it over... they dont have the CM15A anymore...  That is sad...

joaopauloln

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 02:18:44 PM »

Thanks Noam  >!...

1. Are those timers set to "Store in Interface" or "Run from PC"? If the option is greyed out (and set to "Run from PC"), then that timer or macro contains features that ONLY work when connected to the PC.

I don't have sure, but i think that i set to "Store in Interface" only in one module. Then do i have to set timers (Store in Interface) in all modules of the AHP? Can not I control only one module (in specific) remotely (other PC and Phone: "MY HOUSE ONLINE" ans "ACTIVE PHONE PRO)?!
Because the problem is when the computer is off.

2. Are the CM15A's batteries good? Does the Hardware Interface screen show that the batteries are good (if the batteries are good,  but the software doesn't show it, you might have a defective CM15A)?

It is only necessary when the power outage? In This moment i'm not using the batteries. Otherwise i'll put and check if the software show the "batteries are good".

joaopauloln

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 02:38:38 PM »

Thanks Tuicemen...

Exactly about it. I Want control modules of the AHP remotely by Phone with plugin ACTIVE PHONE PRO (SW51A) and MY HOUSE ONLINE when my computer is shut down.
This is not possible? My phone won't control it when the PC is off? and by another computer?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 03:42:05 PM »

The programs are running on your computer.
Turn it Off you also turn off the programs.
They do not run in the CM15A Interface.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 04:25:29 PM »

As Brian stated your programs don't run on the Cm15a.
Your phone needs the internet to connect.
The Cm15A has no internect connection
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 07:09:52 PM »

joaopauloln, you have the same problem as I do.  The CM15A just suddenly stopped working.  Actually my unit doesn't even can control properly any powerlined X10 modules.  Some told me maybe it was the separated electrical phase in my home.  I tried different outlets and it doesn't do any good.
At some point, it could only TURN OFF but will NOT turn ON any X10 lamp unit. Yes, only OFF will work.

So just last 2 weeks ago sent it back to replacement... and check my other post... I didnt even realized that they will send me a CM19A... which is a PC X10 unit connected via USB.  That you are required to have your computer on.

So.. before you want to send it back for replacement... think it over... they dont have the CM15A anymore...  That is sad...
It sounds to mike like one of two possibilities, neither of which is caused by a defective CM15A:
1. you switched to Compact Florescent bulbs, and the switches no longer have power if the light is off. The fix for that is to make sure there is at least one Incandescent bulb in each fixture.
2. You upgraded from an older version of AHP, and now your non-SoftStart modules were being sent the wrong commands. The fix for that is to change your modules from the "Lamps" category to the "Old Lamps - no SoftStart" category.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you sent your CM15A back to X10, and they seem to be out of them. Unless you can get them to send your old one back to you, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 07:13:19 PM »

Thanks Tuicemen...

Exactly about it. I Want control modules of the AHP remotely by Phone with plugin ACTIVE PHONE PRO (SW51A) and MY HOUSE ONLINE when my computer is shut down.
This is not possible? My phone won't control it when the PC is off? and by another computer?
The CM15A can be controlled only by RF signals (from an X10 RF remote or a motion or security sensor), by PLC (from a wired remote or other wired controller), or via USB from the PC. Both the Active Phone Pro and My House Online plugins (as well as all of the other plugins except some of the SmartMacros functionality) control the CM15A from the PC via the USB. If you shut down the PC, the software is no longer running, so you cannot connect to the CM15A through it.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.