Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Software Issues  (Read 3086 times)

Wchadwick

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP Software Issues
« on: February 12, 2012, 03:54:30 PM »

Totally new to x10 here, so please go easy on me.  I ordered the software from x10, ordered some modules for lamps around the house, got the mobile phone app and have dilly-dallying around with it since the holidays.  Actually, I'm pretty much getting a HUGE kick out of it.  I took my first "next step" by ordering a bunch of cheap cameras from x10, which came with multiview, and a couple of plug/adapter type things, including the AV receiver device.  Those cams all ran fine once installed ... at least on my PC.  (BTW I am a Windows 7 user).  So then I decided I wanted to tie it all together and use with my iPhone, so I bought the iWatchout plug-in.  Bought it on eBay from a vendor other than x10, got the link to download, got it downloaded, entered to registration code, and then my AHP zapped.  I know this is a common problem, as I have read MANY threads on this site about how to correct it.  I have removed the line of code from the AHP folder, just to get AHP active again; but I really want the plug-in to work.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled over and over and over and nothing is working.  Is there a CURRENT resolution to this problem?

Further...is there ANY chance that my buying the iWatchout from an affiliate vendor, rather than directly from x10, could be the problem???
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 03:57:55 PM by Wchadwick »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: AHP Software Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 05:51:38 PM »

Did you register AHP before the plug-in?
If you have multi view installed uninstall it, it doesn't play well with AHP.
Only one software at a time can access your cameras .

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 09:17:43 PM »

Are you downloading the plugin from X10's site, or from somewhere else?
You should re-download the latest versions of AHP AND the plugin (version 3.318 is the latest) from X10's site. There is a link in my signature.

Wchadwick

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 09:40:42 PM »

Yes, I did register the AHP software before registering the plug-in.  Could that be an issue?  I have not yet un-installed the multi-view app yet and tried that....but will!

You mention that only one software at a time can access my cameras ... I happen to be running a different software package from Linksys which views my other Linksys cameras.  Could this be causing some sort of conflict?

Thanks for your reply!

Wchadwick

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 09:42:58 PM »

And....yes I am downloading the plugin from x10's site....however, the registration number shows registered to "Digitronix" after I enter the code during the plugin registration process.  Although, that registration box accepts the code, and all looks like it is okay.  Then the app completely shuts down.   I do have the latest versions of all the apps and plug-ins that are available on x10's site.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 12:51:49 PM »

Betcha a plugged nickel you got that the plug-in did not com from X10, but from "Digitronix" and AHP only accepts X10 items.  Better contact X10 and see if they can help you.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 02:25:53 PM »

Betcha a plugged nickel you got that the plug-in did not com from X10, but from "Digitronix" and AHP only accepts X10 items.  Better contact X10 and see if they can help you.
From what I recall, this was common for authorized X10 resellers who sold the products and the software. The plugin would be registered in the distributor's name, since they were the ones who purchased it from X10.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 05:35:48 PM »

Yes, I did register the AHP software before registering the plug-in.  Could that be an issue?  I have not yet un-installed the multi-view app yet and tried that....but will!

You mention that only one software at a time can access my cameras ... I happen to be running a different software package from Linksys which views my other Linksys cameras.  Could this be causing some sort of conflict?

Thanks for your reply!
It may be causing a issue it depends on the software and if it is using the Microsoft WDM Video Capture
 ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 05:41:47 PM »

I have plug-ins from Digitronix as well as another seller.  No problems.  All plugins, but the later ones are registered to myself.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.