Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Start-Up Problem  (Read 1796 times)

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Start-Up Problem
« on: February 20, 2012, 11:51:03 PM »

After working for a long time, I'm experiencing a problem when I start AHP. When I left click on the AHP shortcut icon, the initialization stops about halve way through the opening of the program. Concurrent with this problem, I have not been able to open iHouse either. It appears to hang at "Loading X10 Communications." Both programs hang as they are initiated. Uninstalling the programs and downloading another copy results in the same condition.

Thoughts or ideas on why this is happening. 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Start-Up Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 07:40:17 AM »

You must have just resently did a Windows Update.
See the softweare bugs section it is listed as the number 1 bug now. http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=22373.0
All so see my read me firsts post  http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=7951.0 for the link to fix
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: Start-Up Problem
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 09:44:49 PM »

Well after looking at this and that (tech talk), trying to review if any changes were made to the OS, checking to see if I made any changes to either program, looking at logs, etc, etc. I found nothing.  So I decided to uninstall AHP and reinstall AHP.  Both programs, AHP and iHouse now work just fine.  Conclusion, something must have gotten corrupted in the AHP files.  No further analysis is needed ... as I see it, don't argue with success!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.