Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Airpad 7P ICS Adobe Flash problems  (Read 16028 times)

ericajackson06

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Airpad 7P ICS Adobe Flash problems
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 08:20:09 PM »

My husband and I both purchased an airpad 7p and for almost 2 months we have not been able to get flash to work. So I did the new upgrades on each of our tablets. One I did gingerbread and the other i did the ics upgrade. Finally we have been able to get flash but it is not working properly on either operating system. When watching videos from the browser the videos constantly hesitate or load every two seconds which makes it impossible to watch anything. When I first did the upgrades the flash video would play all the way through but the sound and video were out of sync. I tried downloading faster browser such as opera mini and dolphin mni and hd and both tablets are still doing the same thing. The Wifi connection is excellent so thats not the problem either. I was relieved to finally have access to flash because that is why we purchased these tablets but now we have another issue. What can I do to troubleshoot and fix the flash problems?

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 08:54:37 AM »

Erica,

The problem that you are reporting is not normal and since you have two units that are doing the same thing, I think perhaps you may have another issue. I would suspect either an app is causing this or your internet connection does not have sufficient bandwidth.

Since I know that Gingerbread is very stable, try this on that unit:
Reset everything to the initial factory settings by going into settings and select "privacy" and "factory data reset". Using the stock browser, try to play a flash video. If it is better, then the problem was caused by an app.

If that still does not work, bring the tablet anywhere that has free Wifi, such as a local library, etc. If it is now working, then you have a problem with your router or insufficient internet bandwidth.   

If it is still not working, please send me a link to a video that you are trouble with and I will test it here.

ericajackson06

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »

I downgraded ics to gingerbread and it was working ok earlier now every browser that i use including the stock browser keeps crashing when i try to use flash. Dont understand whats going on i havent changed any settings.been trying to watch shows on abc.com nbc.com and cw. How does your player work for these sites

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2012, 08:23:50 AM »

I downgraded ics to gingerbread and it was working ok earlier now every browser that i use including the stock browser keeps crashing when i try to use flash. Dont understand whats going on i havent changed any settings.been trying to watch shows on abc.com nbc.com and cw. How does your player work for these sites

I suspect that something when wrong when you installed the alternate browsers. I suggest again to reset the unit by doing this:
Reset everything to the initial factory settings by going into settings and select "privacy" and "factory data reset". Using the stock browser, try to play a flash video. If it is better, then the problem was caused by an app.

If it is still not working, then try to use the unit again at an alternate location.

Once you do this test, you can reinstall the browser of your choice.

The websites that you listed should work fine.

daldude

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2012, 02:54:29 PM »

So has this flash problem with the 7p and ICS been fixed yet, or is it better to get the 7p with Gingerbread installed on it? They say the next version of ICS will fix the problem but I've heard this type of statement before, can you say Windows 95 Windows 98 Windows XP Windows ME Windows Vista and Windows 7? Each new version said it will fix the last versions problems and that the last version was buggy and of poor quality but not with this new version which once the next version comes out will then be junk and need to be upgraded.
Why not just get it right the first time?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.