Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XX40a Firmware upgrade for Windows7 IE10 Review  (Read 2096 times)

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
XX40a Firmware upgrade for Windows7 IE10 Review
« on: March 16, 2013, 01:54:13 PM »

I just upgrade my IE9 to IE10 and ran the camera software first before firmware upgrade.

RESULTS:
The video portion cuts off about 1/16 across the bottom of the video that is all black. i didn't upgrade firmware.

The preset controls that you use on the right, when you click them, instead of them popping up in the normal spot, they now pop up on the left side outside the software control area close to the words system and other. i didn't upgrade firmware.

Should i upgrade firmware on a chance it may correct the problem.... In my case, it's to much of a hassle to climb up the ladder, reconnect the power directly to the camera instead of keeping it with the POE, and it doesn't work, to find out that the firmware may cause another problem or not.

I would like to see some other reviews of people here with windows 7 IE9 that are/have upgraded to IE10 and camera firmware results.

Until then, if it ain't broke, don't break it.

Richy

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: XX40a Firmware upgrade for Windows7 IE10 Review
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 09:55:01 AM »

Richy,

The cameras with the older firmware will have problems with IE10. If you use IE10 in IE9 mode (with IE open press F12 on the keyboard. One of the menu options will say “Browser Mode: IE10”. If you click that, you can select IE 9 mode), you will not have to upgrade the firmware.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.