X10 Zone > Article Discussion

The Future of X10

<< < (2/28) > >>

beelocks:

--- Quote from: X10 Repair Depot on March 01, 2012, 03:11:54 PM ---
2)   CM15A: This item is an important item in our automation product line, however, at this time we are not able to produce it at a cost that consumers will be willing to pay. Rather than producing an item that will not sell, we will be putting our resources into developing a new and better product to replace the CM15A, we hope to release the new item during the 2nd half of 2012.  For now, the CM19A will be the replacement for the CM15A.

--- End quote ---

I wonder where X10 got the information that production costs + profit margin > consumer willingness to pay.
This, of course, raises more speculation about where X10 does their consumer research.

The CM19A is not really a replacement for a CM15A. A replacement should have AT LEAST the same processing power. This is akin to X10 discontinuing the Airpad range and selling an abacus as a replacement - yes, I know it's a stretch, but I love extreme comparisons :)

I applaud the direction that X10 is headed with this new information re a new and improved 'CM15A' (new part number please), but with the  months of non-information I have to wonder if this announcement is officially sanctioned, or if we should just throw it under the 'unfounded rumour' category.

dave w:
Depot:

Please tell Dave Rye that we are all cheering.

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: beelocks on March 01, 2012, 07:57:37 PM ---...... The CM19A is not really a replacement for a CM15A. A replacement should have AT LEAST the same processing power.

--- End quote ---

The CM19A could have some real usefulness... if X10 they would supply the needed drivers and software for it that would allow androd tablets and ipads to operate it. At least then... we could get excited about having an affordable touchpad that would control X10.

X10 Repair Depot:

--- Quote from: beelocks on March 01, 2012, 07:57:37 PM ---

I wonder where X10 got the information that production costs + profit margin > consumer willingness to pay.
This, of course, raises more speculation about where X10 does their consumer research.

The CM19A is not really a replacement for a CM15A. A replacement should have AT LEAST the same processing power. This is akin to X10 discontinuing the Airpad range and selling an abacus as a replacement - yes, I know it's a stretch, but I love extreme comparisons :)

I applaud the direction that X10 is headed with this new information re a new and improved 'CM15A' (new part number please), but with the  months of non-information I have to wonder if this announcement is officially sanctioned, or if we should just throw it under the 'unfounded rumour' category.

--- End quote ---

I am a long time manager at X10 and I do have the knowledge and authority to report the information that I post. I will not intentionally post information that I do not believe to be correct.

That being said, I will not provide information that will harm X10 (i.e. specific information on newly developed and unreleased items). There is also no way that I am going post information regarding how we made particular business decision.

cmtbiz:
I am so glad to see this announcement. Thank you for giving us light to the future of X10.  Like I have been saying, I love all the X10 products and especially with the CM15A.  We will all hope that we will see the new and hopefully improved versions of CM15A soon.   >!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version