Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: getting frustrated daily / I think I'm giving up...Any last minute help?  (Read 5763 times)

swooper220

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

need some help friends. every night my SC1200 drops various zones (DS12 units) have tried putting console verticle, have moved it to various locations, still no luck, have cleared all sensors and reinstalled everything several times with the same results. Need to figure tis out or send it all back within the 30 day return policy time HELP!!!!! B:(
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:39:51 AM by swooper220 »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: getting frustrated daily
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 06:04:10 AM »

What error message is on the display? Open Zone or Trouble Zone?
Do you have any problems adding the DS12As to the console?

swooper220

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 04:39:10 PM »

no problem adding DS12A's to console. they get picked up every time. I have 11 DS12A's installed now, but they drop randomly. they always read "trouble zone"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 06:18:59 PM »

The DS12A sends a signal about every hour that it is OK. If the console does not receive the message at least every four hours. It shows a problem or trouble zone. Sounds like you have poor reception between the DS12s and the console.
The DS12A sensors are not mounted on metal are they?
I see you have tried a few locations for the console.
Off hand I can't think of many more tests you can do. It could be a defective console but I can't say for sure.
I know other users may have added things to try.
There is an antenna modification for the console but it would void the warranty.

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 10:07:54 PM »

I went through similar frustrations... Have  you tested each sensor to make sure they are within range?   If you  use the test button, make sure you use a non conductive stick like plastic or wood since your body becomes an antenna.  Better yet... test by  opening and closing the windows a few times. If it fails just once out 5 or more times then you have weak signal problems.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 06:02:50 AM »

We did have another report of someone having a problem with a sliding door.
When they tested it and where standing in front of the DS12. It worked well but when their hand was moved after testing.  It again started reporting problems.

swooper220

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 10:12:19 PM »

Does this make any sense? System worked fine for a day and a half, armed system around 8pm, everything was fine, checked console at 10pm before going to bed and the number 9 zone was blinking. I went downstairs and opened the window that number 9 was protecting and no alarm. Why is it doing this? What can I do? I feel vulnerable!!! The SC1200 is upstairs and the number 9 monitor is downstairs but only less than 20ft away. I really want this to work but I am having my doubts about reliability.I cleared zone 9 and reinstalled the monitor and everything is working for the time being. Guys I need help. We were broke in on while our family was asleep. My wife is really scared

swooper220

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 05:36:44 AM »

It is now 5am here and once again the system is armed but zone 9 is flashing again....was fine at 11pm as i reinstalled it properly again. So not happy.....I believe its going back tonight and from what i have read throughout the forum i guess i wil have just as much success with getting a refund. any sugestions of another wireless DIY system that might have a little bit better reliability/range
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:40:40 AM by swooper220 »

Brian H

• Community Organizer

Sounds like the consloe is not receiving the signals from Zone 9.
The way the antennas are orientated in the DS12A and the SC1200  they are best on a horizontal plane. With the DS12A vertically below the SC1200 there is possibly a signal problem.

swooper220

Thanks for helping Brian. I tried to get help fron customer support rofl. 15 minutes on hold was enough for me. Anyways I have moved the console into the basement. I probably won't be able to hear it now but I'd like to see if it will stop dropping zones. If not.....I guess the trash can will get filled a lil higher. The majority of the sensors are downstairs. What do you think will happen?

Brian H

• Community Organizer

If one constantly problems out. It maybe bad. If you still get random zones problems. The console maybe the flaky thing.

swooper220

:)% celebrating over 48 hours of success. maybe moving the console downstairs was the trick. only problem now is hearing it in the middle of the night if it goes off. I'm not sure i wanna spend any money on powerhorns just yet. I'm still a little apprehensive about how well the system will perform over time. I'll give it a week, then decide

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.