Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Arm and Disarm  (Read 29764 times)

yoel.gutierrez

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Arm and Disarm
« on: March 12, 2012, 11:31:36 PM »

Hi, I'm new in this x10 systems so, I will try to explain what I want to do.

I configured my cell phone using no ip domain to control the alarm system. I test it and it works fine. but I have a concern, if I'm not at home and I arm or disarm the system I really don't know if is armed. what I wanted to do is if is possible that my active home pro can send me an Email or TXT to so it notify me when the system is armed.

Also I wanted to know if is possible that the Active home send me an Email or TXT when the alarm is triggered how can I do that?

Thanks

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
Re: Arm and Disarm
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 11:13:09 AM »

It would be helpful to know what type of setup you have..... the X10 Alarm system model number, software,  Are you using CM15A, CM19A, etc
Check out X10SW over here: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=17541.0 as possible solution. 

Overall you will need CM15A that can read power line commands (PLC) for a software solution.  There some hybrid hardware mods/software but they could be more trouble than its worth.  For my particular case, I put together a windows service for my SC1200/CM15A/OnAlert setup

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 12:20:32 PM »

The link for X10SW is only for the DS7000
The SC1200 uses a different PLC send method when an alarm is tripped.
Although I did update X10SW for the SC1200 it is only available with the PCC plug-in pack.
Also you still need a CM15A as the alarm sends are sent via PLC both with the DS700 and the new SC1200.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

yoel.gutierrez

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 01:11:02 PM »

OK I figured out how to send me an email when each sensor is triggered by creating a macro. but i still don't know how to setup some thing which tell me what is the status of the alarm when I'm outside my house. The problem is that if I forgot to turn the alarm on and go to the no-ip link and send the command to arm the system, I really don't know if the alarm is actually armed, because I'm not there

This is the list of what I have.

1   PC Transceiver + RF Transceiver   CM15K
3   Door/Window Sensor   DS10A
3   Security Keyfob Remote   KR32A
1   Screw-in Lamp Module   LM15A
1   Security Motion Sensor   MS18A
2   POWERHORN REMOTE 110 DECIBEL POWERLINE SIREN   PSH01
1   Advanced SecuriLINK Security Console   SC1200

I also buy a kit of software, The kit I have is:
SW31A Active Home Professional Software
SW32A Active Home Pro Smart Macro Plug-in
SW33A AHP Plugin - AVX - Video
SW34A AHP Plugin - ANT - Network
SW39A AHP Plugin - Security
SW46A On Alert Mobile

What I want it to do is when I'm out side the house and I arm the alarm over the no-ip domain, know that is armed. the link does not provide me any status of the system. I don't know if there's an option to create a macro to send a email to me or txt stating the status of the alarm panel.

Thanks you very much

PD what is CM15A for?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 03:20:18 PM »

The CM15A is the original AHP interface. It has storage for downloaded timers and micros. Can run with the computer off and has power line receiver and transmitter in it. The CM15K that is not as useful was being substituted for what we where told a discontinued CM15A.
Though someone just reported getting a real CM15A recently in their order.

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 03:22:08 PM »

Easiest way to detect is to use the LM15A/lamp that is visible from the outside (or purchase a X10 light switch, appliance module to the do the same) to sense the ARM state thru the power line.  During ARM the SC1200 will flash the house/unit code you programmed into your unit.  The sc1200 only gives positive feedback during ARM and PANIC/Alarm Trigger through the power lines... no RF signalling

Unfortunately from your hardware listing, you don't have the hardware to "read" the power line signals. The CM15A has this capability, however this piece of hardware is out stock with its replacement in TBD state.

Let us suppose that you you had the proper hardware, I have only seen solutions to detecting PANIC or Alarm Trigger state only.  Maybe there's some one out there that can chime in solving this problem using off shelf X10 software and hardware.   

My home grown windows service application is niche to my particular situation (sends email on ARM, PANIC/Trigger), but I never bothered making it general purpose for public consumption months ago when I saw both the SC1200 and CM15A go out of stock.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 07:08:05 PM »

You could configure a macro that set the sc1200 and sent a email.
However this would only let you know AHP sent the arm command it wouldn't confirm the sc1200 actualy armed.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.